Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade
Ranked #205 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Simply put - great valve for the money. This is better than a Motel 6, but yes this is not a 5 Star resort. Great location; great service; friendly staff

Room Tip: go to travelocity under secret prices...a lot cheaper
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Originally planned to stay there for a week since the kitchen suite sounded appealing, but we arrived there and the hallway smelled bad of something that burnt and other unpleasant odors mixing in the air as well. Our bed was the most uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep at night. Checked out immediately the next day. Staff was nice though. This place is more suitable for people who need a place to stay for work. ie. construction workers. I will not go back again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindamexicana80
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We got two rooms through Priceline. We have stayed at Extended Stays before with no problems, but this time we checked in and my room smelled like dog urine. I opened the window just to get some air in the room. All the knobs on the AC unit were missing so could not get it adjusted. My daughter was down the hall in another room. She was already upset by the use of loud profanity from people in the hallways. She had her 9 year old with her. Her room had hair on the floor and in the sink. We had paid for four nights and knew we could not stay there not even one night. Totally unacceptable. My elderly mother was not dealing with the bad odor in our room so we checked out as quickly as we had checked in.
Will not being using Priceline again. This is he first time I have got burned by them.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 49andholding
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed 1 nite, 6/28. I asked about a late check-out the next day, as I was competing in an event at the Omni 2 blocks away in which I might be eliminated by 1pm, in which case I would be going home. if I won, I would have added 1 nite to my stay, was told there were rooms. Clerk told me to call in morning. Asked about wi-fi, he told me he was just about to give me that. Got to room, found a constant drip from bathtub, no visible markings on A/C (2 dials to guess from) then alarm went off at 5:30. Seemed like a strange time for alarm, until I found clock off by 12 hrs. Checked paperwork, found no wifi access code, called & got it, worked for about 45 minutes SLOWLY, even though I paid $3 for FAST speed. Called in morning about late check-out , told not out by 11, pay for extra day. So, I drove home at midnite instead of them getting my business for another night. I've stayed here before with no issues, but this property has gone downhill FAST.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank shireysa
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This review is long overdue!! While staying here during Christmas, our truck was broken into and half of our stuff was stolen. As soon as I noticed the theft, I went to the desk to report it and have the staff call the police. Instead of doing that, the employee first commented that they were not liable due to signs posted around the hotel, which were hardly noticeable, by the way. They did not take the time to take down our information or file an internal report in case the thieves were apprehended. This hotel is targeted by thieves!!!! they have no cameras, no security, and the staff doesn't follow up with break-ins. Even after e-mailing the manager, she was very harsh and didn't care that her customers were vandalized. This company has horrible security protocols and upper management could care less for their customers well-being and personal property. Avoid this place at all costs. Thieves don't!!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but extended stay hotels
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank burntbadly
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My husband and I brought our two granddaughters to San Antonio for a Spring Break trip, March 15 - 17, 2011. I booked our room online about 1 month in advance of our trip. Check-in went very smoothly, without any problems. The room we got was very nice. The hotel was located fairly close to everything where we wanted to go. It was only about 15 to 20 minutes to the Downtown area, mostly via freeway. There is an HEB just a few blocks away. The hotel itself is a couple of blocks off of I-10, at the end of a cul-de-sac street which made the area very quiet. The desk clerks were friendly, the room was clean, there were ample clean towels & linens available. Our room had a nice queen sized bed & a pull out double sized sofa bed - both were very comfortable. The bathroom was quite spacious. The air conditioner, tv and kitchen appliances that we utilized worked very well (we only used the refrigerator and microwave). The dishes provided were clean & in good condition. There is room service available, a fitness room, laundry facilities and an outside pool, but we did not utilize any of these features. There is also Wi-Fi available, but you must pay extra for that service, so we did not utilize it. Considering that this hotel cost us for 2 nights less than most of the downtown area hotels wanted for one night, we were quite happy with our choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This hotel was the biggest "bang for my buck" ever. The room was absolutely gigantic, the beds were comfortable, and it was very peaceful. This hotel may be right off the interstate, but it is set back in a residential setting and very close to HEB. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, providing me with directions to everything and even the best places to eat. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo