Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest
$169
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$134
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$116
ComfortSuites
$212
$186
$269
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$208
$175
Travelocity
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscounty linesea islandhot breakfast sandwichesmedical centerfree breakfastlarge tvsix flagsrestaurants within walking distanceyogurtwould recommend this hotel to anyoneeasy accessrooms were very cleanwould stay againexcellent stayhotel rooma great place to staycleaning staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here two nights...check in was easy and quick. No complaints with the room...clean and spacious. The breakfast was good the first morning, but Sunday morning it was kind of crazy..running out of plates, silverware, etc. and people jumping the line. No one was really there to keep things in order..it seemed as though the person checking people in was also trying to man the breakfast room (they were doing their best, in fairness!) Overall though, it was a good stay and we'd come back if in the area.

1  Thank julesheartsUK
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family and I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. As soon as we walked in, the staff greeted and welcomes us. Had our rooms pre-assigned. The rooms were fabulously spacious, clean and comfortable. At breakfast, you can find more enthusiastic staff who would run the both the breakfast area as well as the front desk counter. Thumbs up! Shout out to Mr Juan and Mr. Alex.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2014

When I first walked into the hotel, I was hopeful that I had found a new favorite hotel in San Antonio. Over the course of my week-long stay, those hopes were dashed.

The rooms are a nice size, but the service is just terrible. When we checked in, we were given a form with a choice of service for Christmas Day: no service, towels and toiletries only or full service. The check in staff was visibly disappointed that I checked the towels and toiletries option. Little did I know that the Christmas Day housekeeper would be the best service we had all week. At least she smiled.

Unfortunately I got sick while there so I spent much more time in the room than anticipated. I would not leave until noon each day which proved to be too big of a burden for the housekeeping staff. Unless I specifically told the front desk to clean my room, the cleaning staff would skip my room if the Do Not Disturb tag was still on the door when they finished the floor. My kids had a separate room which never had a Do Not Disturb tag past 10 am; on some days, their room would be skipped too. One day I called the front desk to request cleaning at 12 pm; the housekeeper complained that she had already left and had to come back for my room. She complained about the amount of trash (all in the trashcan-none of the floor) too. She did not bother to vacuum or replace the toilet paper and toiletries and only spent about 4 minutes cleaning the room. I had to ask her more than once to clean my kids room. She then realized that she had forgotten to clean several other rooms on my floor as well. A different housekeeper the next day told me that I had to call the front desk if I wanted my room cleaned. I had to specifically request each cleaning service I wanted from the front desk or it would not happen.

Needless to say the carpets in the hotel were dirty. The corners of the elevators were gray with layers of dust. When I pointed this out to the front desk, I was told that the carpets were due to replaced soon.

During the night, the hotel appeared to have only one person to manage the front desk and any special requests (such as clean towels since there had been no housekeeping). If you needed anything, you had to do it yourself.

Whoever does the hiring and training of staff needs a big wake up call. We ended up checking out of both rooms a day early. The poor service cost Hyatt two hotel nights just from us. I tried to reach the manager before we checked out, but he/she was never in when I called.

Room Tip: My advice would be to talk to the manager BEFORE you book this hotel. Find out what housekeeping is supposed to do each day: make beds and change towels only? clean the bathroom on occasion? actually vacuum the room?! If you do decide to stay here, leave a note with the front desk asking them to be sure the room is cleaned that day. If you don't do this every day, I would not get your hopes up for a cleaned room when you return.
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Trying this hotel for the first time I didn't quite know what to expect. At the prices quoted I knew it wouldn't be a high-end type hotel like the Century Plaza in LA, but I was hoping to find the same high-standards of service and customer care. On arrival we were asked if we prefered a particular floor. I requested a front-facing room 3rd or 4th floor. There was loud music coming from a restaurant quite a bit down the road and I asked if it would be a problem in the room? I was told no, but if I didn't like the room or I could hear the music they would gladly change me to another room. On entering the room I was delighted with the lay-out, (suite-style). But when I pulled down the sheets of the bed I wasn't too happy with the fact that it had been made with the wrong sized sheets. I talked to the girl who booked me in and she promptly changed me to the room next door. Nothing was too much bother for her. I found the same problem in the second room, but decided it was late and would talk to them about it in the morning. Breakfast is served between 6:30 and 9:30 giving visitors plenty of time to eat. We got to the 'guest kitchen/dining-room' at 6:40 to find three skillets of freshly cooked breakfast choices, plenty of fresh fruit. yogurt, and around ten-toppings to choose from, porriage, breads, muffins, bagels, milks, juices, water, coffee, and teas. We tried a little of it all. DELICIOUS!

After breakfast I noticed the manager at his desk. I asked if I could speak to him and was told yes. I relayed my experience to him and he apologised and promised he would personally make sure the beds were remade properly. On our return to the room that night we found a beautiful platter of cheeses, a bottle of wine, and two wine glasses. I called reception thinking they'd been delivered to the wrong room, but was informed the manger had sent them up to us. I was blown-away by this kindness. The staff and management of this hotel are top-class. For this reason alone I'd become a repeat customer. But add in the beautiful hotel, super-sized comfy rooms, decent breakfast, gym, location/ease of getting on and off the expressway, and inexpensive costs and it's a no-brainer. By the way, I forgot to mention the towels. This is one hotel that does not scimp on towels; either the quality or the quantity. There were more thick fluffy bath, hand, and face towels than we could ever need and they were changed everyday. A huge plus in my book especially as so many hotels are now asking guests to limit their towel usage.

I have no hesitation in recommending this guest-friendly, beautiful, comfortable, hotel to anyone visiting the great city of San Antonio. I will most certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: From my experience there are no bad rooms. I never heard the noise from the expressway or the band playing at the restaurant up the road.
1  Thank Bernadetteere
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Very clean place, beautiful rooms and wonderful staff and breakfast. This is my second time staying here and I would recommend this place to anyone. You can get it cheaper on expedia, I saved almost $50 by booking on expedia. Ok this almost 200 characters..

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple