“Met my needs”

Ranked #67 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Met my needs”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upon arrival I asked for a room near the elevators as I have a knee that gives me problems which they were able to comply with. I did have trouble with both a non working tv remote and a non working hair dryer and was required to come down to the front desk to replace them instead of someone bringing them to me. My room was on the side of the building just above the swimming pool. Being spring break, there was loud happy noises coming from it for my entire 4 day stay until about 10pm at night. If I was visiting for personal reasons it probably would not have bothered me but I was there on business and worked in the evening in the room on paperwork and it was distracting. I am not complaining about the establishment but if you are in this hotel on business from now until it gets cold you might want the opposite side of the hotel for your room. I enjoyed the Island Seafood restaurant within walking distance and there are many places to eat near this hotel. Overall, I have no complaints as it is nice to see families enjoying themselves while staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Each year, I have stayed with my Academic Decathlon team for our state competition at the Hyatt Place, and, each year, I am welcomed by the familiar faces of the Hyatt personnel. The hospitality and the warmth of the staff from the check-in process to the check-out process are amazing! Also, the hot breakfast they serve is delicious and filling even for growing teenage boys. Kudos to the management team for hiring capable and caring employees. See you next year, my Hyatt Place family!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hyatt Place Hotels are one of my favorites to stay at for short trips. They have the essentials: comfort, style, cleanliness, friendly staff, FREE internet, and FREE breakfast (good breakfast). There are a few options in San Antonio, but the one on the Northwest (off I-10) is the best in my opinion. Several restaurants (including Pappasitos, which has good drinks) are within walking distance and attractions, malls, military bases are all within 20 mins driving distance off peak hours (morning/evening traffic is awful everywhere in city limits).

Room Tip: All rooms have a sleeper sofa, microwave, fridge, updated amenities...overall great place to stay.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was business trip and I tend to trust blindly the Hyatt Place Brand. So Far the brand has been very consistent on the quality of the room and service. This trip I actually got to the hotel at 9:30am. As you know is quite early and way before check in time which is around 3pm. I normally use the self check in kiosk at the entrance (Saves you a lot of time). They are normally very fast at the counter too. Since I got there so early the person at the counter politely explained that they were fully booked and they had no rooms available. I did have a reservation but no rooms were available until probably 3pm. I was exhausted from traveling all night and all I could do was to sit down and wait. Luckily in less than an hour the person at the counter checked and there was a room available. She was concerned that it was next to elevator and she did not wanted for me to be disappointed with the room. I took it. The room was great. As I come to expect from the Hyatt Place brand. The elevator noise did not bother me at all. Apparently is an older facility as the bathroom had a tub and look like the old style doors. The shower head was amazing. Really strong water pressure that gave me a much needed massage. I got back to the hotel at 3am and security felt great. I highly recommend this hotel. Asides for been good for business trips it is great for families. They have a nice pool, offer EXCELLENT breakfast and serve Starbucks coffee. Cleanliness was outstanding.

Room Tip: Elevator noise is barely noticeable. Dont be afraid of a room next to the elevators or across from t...
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Very centrally located between Downtown and the North/Northwest corridor. Clean hotel, excellent customer service by employees who go above and beyond. Very nice hot free breakfast. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed for one night on a business trip to a site near the Medical Center. I was really surprised at the nice layout of the guest rooms - sitting room and work desk separated by a partial wall from the bedroom/bath/sink area. Very functional. The lobby staff remembered my name and were very helpful in booking the free shuttle to our work site for the following morning. The breakfast was better than expected as well: egg sandwiches with a nice green spicy salsa, oatmeal, fruit, cold cereal, and the usual pastries and waffles. A small bar/coffee area in the lobby was also a plus. The hotel is pretty close to the airport, but relatively far from Riverwalk - but a perfect location for me on a business trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a visit to the San Antonio Medical center. The hotel is conveniently located on the Northwest side (with lots of nice shopping nearby, including the La Cantera shopping center approx 5 miles to the northwest), and a shuttle is available for trips in a 3 mile radius, which includes the med center. The hotel is behind a barbeque restaurant and a seafood restaurant that are on the feeder road of I-10. I had a 6th floor room overlooking the buildings and the interstate, but did not notice any traffic noise.

There is a check-in/out kiosk right inside the front door, which I typically prefer not to use. But one of the computers was not working during check-in, so the attendant took me over to the kiosk. She started to walk me through the procedure, but I didn't need assistance for the kiosk, so I finished on my own. The kiosk was easy, and promptly spit out my room key.

My room was pleasant, although it was opposite to the elevators. Again, despite the location, I didn't have a problem with noise. The room is partitioned with a business area, kitchenette, and sofa-bed on one side, and the bed on the other. The tv is opposite the partition, so it can be viewed from either side, but that put it at a slightly odd viewing angle. However, the screen was large, and I did notice several outlets at the base of the tv to plug in several different types of media devices. Speaking of electronics, the wireless was acceptably fast. The water-closet was slightly cramped, and it was a little awkward to get out of the way of the door and the toilet when opening it from the inside. The room was clean, with all the major areas obviously taken care of. However, there was still some dust/dirt on light fixtures and in the corners of doors, just stuff that accumulates over time that for some reason I tend to notice. It was by no means disgusting or obvious, and not unexpected in a hotel at this price range. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the shower hot, and the towels comfortable enough. The iron and ironing board were also clean and functional.

Breakfast was typical hotel quality. There were the usual individual cereals, pastries, and fruit. Drinks included orange juice, apple, and milk, as well as hot coffee. There was a nice warmed area, with recently prepared french toast and egg dishes as well, which all looked good, but I can't comment on those as I stuck with a light breakfast. The eating area, which was adjacent to the lobby, was all nicely appointed, and clean. There is also a bar area, with meals and snacks available 24/7, which I did not take advantage of during my stay.

Parking felt safe, and I had no problems with my car during my stay.

Overall, a very good stay. I have no problems recommending the Hyatt for anyone on their trip to San Antonio, and will stay there again if the need arises!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business