Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$189
$180
$53
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$259
$289
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
$239
$219
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$239
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswafflessuper targetbreakfast roomextended stayfresh towelslarge roomenjoyed my stayfree breakfastmicrowavecerealfreewaydryertexasclerkhousekeeper
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This hotel was okay. The room was pretty clean. My husband and I selected this hotel because we were traveling with pets. There is nothing fancy about this place. We did sleep very well though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Walking into this hotel there's a large circular staircase that gives the impression that it may have seen better days. It seems like its been stripped down to the bare essentials, but still seems clean and reasonably well kept.

Pros:
+ The inner courtyard and pool was well lit and maintained. I didn't go in myself but seemed like there were several families enjoying it.
+ Free breakfast in the morning. Simple (the standard belgian waffle, toast, cereal, fruit) but nice.
+ Clean (no mildew) bathtub and bathroom.
+ Free wi-fi.
+ Refrigerator and microwave, in-room safe (didn't use though)
+ Room had a seating area with a sofa and in general seemed larger than normal.
+ Laundry area, although I didn't use it.
+ Convenient access to I-10 and I-410.

Cons:
- The doors to the rooms were directly to the outside (facing the inner courtyard.) The photo of the hotel suggests an inner corridor.
- The fitness room was out of order.

Other notes:
* Room noise - being right next to I-10 you do get some noise although not as bad as I expected. I still was glad I had my ear plugs though.
* There was a business center, but I didn't look inside.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank goblazers78749
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed in this hotel last summer, but when booking our vacation this year I picked a different hotel - big mistake!!! The Super 8 I booked had filthy sheets when we turned down both beds. What I am hoping was chocolate was smeared down the sheets along with orange fingerprints - probably from cheetos. Needless to say we were not staying in that nasty place so (almost in tears) I call Howard Johnson. They can get us in for 2 of our 4 nights in San Antonio so we gladly take them and figure we will figure something else out for th other 2 nights. When we get to HOJO it was after 9:00pm. Loretta was at the front desk (same lady that wa there last year when we checked in!) sweet sweet lady. Checked us in AND was able to make some adjustment and book us for our other 2 needed nights even tho there was a large convention coming to town and they were full! Room was ice cold when we walked in every evening, clean, fresh towels, pool and hot tub were great. Will stay here again! Thanks HOJO!

1  Thank ChelseaB21
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I dont know where to begin, We arrived, Not expecting anything spectacular for the price, but according to the reviews, we thought we would be comfortable. We stayed for 3 nights, and it was terrible.
The rooms smelled, not a major issue. We had 2 connecting rooms, which were very large, but we moved the 2 beds together in one, and it was discusting behind the beds. After a couple of days, we noticed bugs everywhere. The biggest issue was that my mother had a bottle of valuim stolen from her room. She one the night prior, and we went to Sea world that next day. Came back and they were gone. I addressed with the hotel management, and nothing was done. I have called numerous times, and still no response. Left several messages with the manager and have not heard a word. My next step is to file a complaint with HOJO.com Some of the rooms have safes, but you have to pay to use them.
The rooms are in a courtyard, which makes you feel secure, but the door locks to the outside do not work, which defeats the whole purpose. If you are young without a family, and looking for something cheap, it may get you by. Also, there was this guy there that was parked in one of the spots, out side in the evenings with beer and different women each night, and there was also a homeless man sleeping on the property one night. Would not reccomend, especially if you have a family, and are traveling with nice things, wouldnt reccomend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2010

The service was amazing we woke up too late for breakfast but the woman at the front desk still offered to get us a little something. The room was immaculate, one of like 12 outlets didn't work but there was so many it was not an issue. The pool side view was perfect to wake up to.