“Generally Adequate”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio
Ranked #169 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Generally Adequate”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here for one night on a weekend trip. We checked in around midnight and left in the morning. Our needs were basic: a place to sleep and clean up, and this was generally met. Though located next to the highway, our room was all the way in the back and there was no disturbance from the highway or the pool. On the negative side, the shower head was leaking in different directions and wet the bathroom floor despite my efforts to contain it. There was a sign at breakfast to "please not take food outside the eating area," which I thought was unnecessarily stingy, especially given how basic the food was. What if my partner was sleeping in and I wanted to take some food back to the room for him?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Antonio
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were greeted and served by Laura who made sure all was in order for our weekend stay. The room was clean, spacious, and pleasant to stay in. Even though there were dance and cheerleading groups on premises the place was very quiet to stay at. We enjoyed the breakfast they had to offer. Will definitely be coming back to this site.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again!

Howard Johnson Suites Central
6901 W. Interstate 10
San Antonio Texas 78213
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I just want to start by sayin that it was a great experience to stay at this hotel..the hospitality was excellent. David the employee at this hotel was a great person through him we reserve bunch of room. At the time of arrival he was present, which made the checking quick they had our room ready. The breakfast was good and staff very friendly

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our Guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again!

Howard Johnson Suites Central
6901 W. Interstate 10
San Antonio Texas 78213
San Antonio
Reviewed March 18, 2014

although we had a good experience with this hotel if we are ever in the San Antonio area again we would not stay here because of its location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Dear Valued Geust,
We are not happy to hear that. We hope that you would reconsider since we do value every guest. Though we cannot move our location, maybe we can compensate - let us know what would be fair. Thank you for staying.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The staying at this hotel cost me $260.00 and for those $260.00 I got a room that smell like sewer, a burned carpet, a few roaches, dusty and sticky furniture, and a horrible attitude from the front desk person. Also the hotel is in horrible condition, is old and outdated, people take their dogs in and wile there is nothing wrong with a pet friendly hotel there were guest with dogs and this guess let their dog pee in the hall way, I informed two different font desk people about this and no one did anything about it I left and the hallway smell horrible and the stain was there. When I address my situation about the poor hygiene and the sewer smell in my room, the front desk clerk say she was going to take care of it, I was on vacation so I just ask her to call and let me know what we needed to do, I never got a call, when I got back to my room that night nothing was taken care, i spoke to a different person in the front desk and she tell me they were planing to move me to another room but I came back super late (I am sorry if I did not come back, I did not know I had to plan my vacation around your inconveniences). When I check out and the firs front desk agent (I know the name but I will not disclose it) whenever I was addressing my issues to the manager she interrupted when I say nobody call me the day before to informed me the situation of my room, her answer was, "like I say, I got really busy yesterday". I just couldn't believe the poor professionalism and the deplorable conditions of the facilities, bottom line this hotel was not worth $89 a night. I do not recommended this hotel to anyone. I also have pictures that I will love to post but the website is not allowing me post them, I guess is a good thing for the hotel, so they people wont see how nasty it was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family