Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio
Ranked #160 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I showed up at the last minute with family and no reservation. They got us and even upgraded our room the next night. Breakfast was well stocked and fresh waffles in the morning. I will be staying here again next time we are in San Antonio. Only 10 minutes from the River Walk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to give us a good review regarding your stay at our hotel. We are always glad when a customer enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to San Antonio. We will be more than happy to accommodate you to an upgraded room. Thanks again for review, we really appreciate it.

Howard Johnson Central San Antonio
6901 W Interstate 10
San Antonio, Texas 78213
210-738-1100
hojosalessa@gmail.com

Reviewed March 15, 2013

During the checking process, there was a clause that stated that the sofa chair was only for sitting. It didn't cross my mind at the time that the only reason why an establishment would include such as clause was to try and cover themselves from a well known issue about the sofa chair in this particular room. Once my family and I entered the room, we were introduced to the stench of stale cigarette smoke. Burn marks from cigarettes on all the tables and dry rotted carpet that I wouldn't even let my dog walk on (if he accompanied us). Here comes the mind blowing, most filthiest, nastiest situation in all my years of traveling...we pulled out the sofa bed, thought it would be wise for my son to sleep on since he and his sister doesn’t have to share ( rooms / beds) at home. I’ll just let the picture below do the rest of my talking. Long story short... NEVER AGAIN!

Dear Valued guest,
We do apologize that you were not happy with your stay at our Hotel. Upon Check in you said there was a number of things wrong with the room; Hair under the pillow, crumbs in the fridge and microwave, and spots on the inner mattress of the pull out sleeper sofa yet you stayed in that room for almost 4 hours. I went to that particular room so that I could personally verify the information you stated were true or not. I found no hair on the sheets, no crumbs in microwave or fridge and 1 orange spot on the mattress of the pull out sleeper sofa's mattress (which looked like it could have been from a crayola marker) Regardless we allowed you to leave and refunded two of the nights that you were scheduled to stay. Then we get a call the next morning asking if we had another room available for you to check into. We upgraded you to a larger, much more expensive suite and didn't charge you any additional fee(S)-While we were Sold Out. This room was checked by Front desk Manager, Myself (Sales Director) and Operations Manager prior to you checking in. We gave you the room 4 hours before check in time, then after 5 minutes you came out stating that your probably still upset from the first room which made you not like this room. At this point I don't know what more we could have possibly done to please you. If you reconsider staying again please let us know ahead of time so we can be prepared.
Have a good day

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall, a good value and location. Rooms and beds are dated. Need to be upgraded. Campus well kept.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Let me assure you that all of our mattresses are less than a year old. Now if you are referring to the bed frame itself such as the headboard, depending on which room you were in, may have been an older fashioned style which we have very few left of in our rooms. We are currently in the process of updating those remaining rooms and hope to be complete in the near future. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. (If very soon) we can put you in a room that has the more modern appeal- which will be the same for all rooms by the summer time.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay.

Howard Johnson Central San Antonio

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Reviewed March 4, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here for nearly a week while on business in San Antonio. I was given a special rate for staying multiple days. The room was large and well appointed , especially for an extended stay. I had a desk and comfortable stuffed chair, fridge and microwave. I was able to feel at home and spread out, do my work and relax at night. The hotel was clean and the staff attentive and friendly.
I had problems with the internet.It was frustratingly arthritic - too slow and difficult to open and sign onto. They really need to improve this. I was able to get on line but not easily. Each time I signed on I had to click on the agreement. Unnecessary.
Despite that glitch I was quite satisfied - value, cleanliness, comfort and plenty of space. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your taking the time to give us a good review. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Sales Director