“awesome huge suite”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio
Ranked #166 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“awesome huge suite”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

not sure why this place has such terrible reviews, i stayed there last Saturday and it was just plain awesome.
The king bed suite was just huge.. big tv and a desk and table for midnight munchies.
the bed was real comfortable and the neighboring rooms were quiet enough for a good night's sleep..
only gripe i guess was this small watebug/roach that found its way into the bathroom but seriously..For a 63 dollar room i was more than happy to flush that little demon down the loo..plus it was raining that day so unsurprisingly some lil creature found a way in..
clean bathroom, could've used more towels, no mold or nothing.. overall i wouldn't think twice about which hotel i would stay at next time I go to six flags :) thank u hojo for a wonderful mini vacation

• Stayed August 2012
David P, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The only positive part of the stay was the staff. My room was dirty, there was grime around the nozzles of the sink that was never cleaned during my three day stay.. I thought the inside of the toilet was just stained until I cleaned it myself. I found roaches in the restroom on two different occasions. When I pulled the bed spread back on my mother's bed I found a very noticeable earring back. Which makes me believe the linen was not fresh.The breakfast was a joke. The building is old and needs a lot ( a lot) of work.I picked this hotel because of the previous reviews, but I was very disappointed. I will never stay at a Howard Johnson property again.....

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel. Do not stay here!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

My first thoughts are...who are these people that rated this motel so high?? Management? Employees? Owners?

I can only comment on the room. I did not use any of the facilities or free breakfast bar. The pool looked nice but I didn't use it. When you arrive at a hotel and there are very few cars in the parking lot, it makes you wonder.

The lobby and entrance were nice and clean, but needed to be updated. There was nobody at the front desk and after waiting several minutes, someone finally showed up. He was very courteous and friendly but didn't seem to be in a uniform.

We upgraded to the executive suite which was supposed to have been recently renovated. The room was $ 79 for the night. As we entered the room, the first thought I had was it was old and dirty. I just felt dirty and musty. The only that had been renovated in this room was the the tv. It had a large flat screen tv mounted on the wall but the remote control didn't work. The bathroom needs major renovations, very old with water damage stains visible. The towels were like sandpaper. The bed was very firm and sheets seemed clean.

Overall, I would not stay here again. It is less expensive than any other hotels around but still not worth the money. For a name brand chain, it is bad. I couldn't wait to leave.

1 Thank hogman111
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place is the biggest dump I have ever stayed at in my life. The rooms are old and dirty the place is old and dirty and needs to be condemed. The hotel allows pets and it is clearly noticeable the rooms smell like dog and are filthy. The ice machines are noisy and dont work and the breakfast is a joke I wouldn't feed my dog that stuff. The only reason I had picked to stay here is because they are pet friendly but at the last minute found a dog sitter but it was too late hangs my reservations to some were else. BIG TIME DUMP!!!!!!!!

Lubbock
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here because it was close to FiestaTexas and much cheaper than the motel we stayed at the last two years. This place could use some updating, but our rooms were clean and so were the facilities! The staff were very helpful. The second night, there were some guests who were talking very loudly out in the courtyard after midnight. I called the desk and the noise stopped for about five minutes and started again. I called again and the desk said she had talked with everyone who was outside and she would call the police to handle the matter. In about fifteen minutes, absolute silence. We really appreciated the prompt attention to this problem, which can happen anywhere.

The pool is well maintained. It was closed for an hour one day because some bugs needed to be cleaned out and the pool needed more chlorine. When they say the pool closes at ten, they do mean ten. The gate is locked.

The breakfast was typical. Waffles (which were made by an employee which really kept down the confusion), cereal, rolls, coffee, milk, juice. etc. There were not enough tables during the busiest time, so we took our breakfast back to the room. Although there is a big sign that says "Please do not take food to your room" no one said anything.

So yes, we saved a lot of money! Would go back again! Recommend this hotel to anyone who needs value and cleanliness. Great staff also.

Room Tip: The rooms are built around a courtyard. You should ask for rooms toward the back as there is a busy...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate your taking the time to give us a good review. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Sarah Stefano
F: (210) 738-1230
E: hojosalessa@gmail.com
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family of Five Stayed at this hotel during our family vacation from 7-4-12 thru 7-7-12. The service was great. The staff was professional and accomodating. The always gave us the needed the information and towels when we requested.....we used alot of towels. The gym could use some ventalization....but yeah who works out anymore these days anyway when their on vacation....ok....we do.....that aside great service all the way around...they even gave us a little extension on our check time...we had alot of stuff...LOL....Go here and have a great time while on vacation....last note....the pool was very nice as well. My kids had a blast!!

Room Tip: The higher rooms seem to be more comforable....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I had a wonderful three nughts stay with my family of five two adults three kids.We all had an amazing stay. The room was clean as we cheked in and they cleaned our room every day.The staff was amazing and we even had a BBQ at the pool area on 4th of July we had fun.The pool was nice and clean and the for the hotel price was good and the sevice better will be comming back soon and fully recommend. Breakfast was good they had a variety of options just enough to satisfy morning craving.

• Stayed July 2012