Not sure where to begin: The elegant tanks of chilled sugarless lemonade in the lobby, the soothing southwestern decor throughout the entire property, off-the-charts attentive service at Francesca's Restaurant and Brannon's Cafe, being lulled to sleep on a chaise next to a waterfall, the best massage of my LIFE?
I'll start by saying I travel a lot. Over the years it's become pretty clear when a hotel or resort has staff who are highly trained but are just going through the motions. Those experiences tend to be painful to a traveler, or at best, less than pleasant.
But then there are those amazing occasions when there's a fleet of highly trained staff who also exude a genuine desire to make a guest's experience more genuine. And that was my experience over the weekend at La Cantera, starting with a late lunch upon my arrival at Brannon's cafe, where a waiter named Jason could NOT have been more thoughtful. He listened carefully to my preamble about food allergies, went out of his way to find extra honey to bring back to my room (gotta have it with morning coffee), and remembered every quirky request: water with no ice, no peppers in the salad, etc. And an hour later, he brought me (unrequested) a glass of ice water as I lounged by the pool.
At breakfast the next morning, Ruben, the maître d,’ went out of his way to make sure I had gluten-free options. Thanks to the guys posted at the front of the building, I never had to open a door the whole time I was there (a minor touch, but hey, it makes me feel like a Queen, what can I say?).
And speaking of feeling like a Queen, the crowning glory was the Caribbean massage I got at the spa, courtesy of a master masseur named Chris (wish I'd gotten his last name because I'm seriously thinking of flying him to my hometown for freelance assignments). It was hands-down the best massage experience of my life. And when I told Chris as we parted that I want to marry him, I really wasn't joking.
I'll definitely be back. Thanks everyone at La Cantera for making my visit to San Antonio unbelievably sweet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio