La Cantera Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
3,611 results
All reviewsadult poolhill countrykids clubsix flagsclub levelfiesta texasbeautiful propertypool areabusiness conferencefire pitshuttle serviceself parkingspring breaksea worldpoolspalmersweetfire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2009

The resort is quite beautiful. We had a nice time. We were there at spring break and it was filled with children. It's very family friendly. The Westin is very nice--but it is not a 5 star hotel. The towels were too ratty, the beach lounges too old. But that's fine. It's just not a 5 star.

The resort is about a half hour outside the city. There is a large mall nearby and a strip mall just on the other side of the I-10 overpass. Both are very easy to get to by car. The strip mall has a large move theater. Unfortunately, there is a shortage of decent restaurants near the resort--all chain restaurants.

Overall, it was a nice, relaxing weekend at the Westin.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We arrived after a full day of shopping to be informed our room was not ready. We were simply told to check back. We decided to go to the fitness area/gym. After the gym, we checked back and the room was still not ready and no they could not tell us when. It was dinner time by now and we had to cancel our dinner plans as we were sweaty from the gym. Never once were were offered as much as a drink while we waited. We paid for a full day but did not get to check in until after 9pm - and no they did not offer us any type of break on the room fees. The staff were all unfriendly - except the shuttle bus driver who took us back to the mall so we could get some dinner. My friend lost her earring at the gym and we asked the staff if they found it. They didn't even bother to get up and look or ask about it and instead just looked up from the desk and said "no" very flatly. Hyatt Hill Country is where I will stay next time.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tripletsplusone
Reviewed December 23, 2008

The Room - Its a bit warm/stuffy even though the A/C was on full blast

The Carpet - looks like its had a long rough life.

The Bed - Very comfortable, but the sheets have seen better days (presumably wear and tear from being washed a 1000 times)

The Bathroom - awesome, huge tub/shower with rather Impressive water pressure, spacious vanity/sink area, the toilet is seperated with a door (a plus).

The View - Golf course and Texas hill country was great in the morning, at night though not so much, it's just dark.

The Service - Front Desk, Bell hops and valet were Great, very helpful and friendly.

So here's the story (sorry it's long)

We booked the room directly, I called the conceirge desk and got some info, He told me that he was pretty sure they had a honey-moon package, which included a few extra morning hours, Which was a definite plus. So I spoke to the "reservation desk" and Booked the night, they did have a "romance" package, which included strawberries and Champagne in the room, and a late check out time of 4pm. But the cost was just shy of booking two nights. Anyways it all sounded great.

We got there around midnight, the bag that I packed with the room keys, however, didnt make it with us. No problem, went to the desk quickly got a new key and were on our way. the front desk/conceirge were perfect the whole time.

We got to the room, it was warm and stuffy, even though the A/C was on full blast. Luckily it was a nice night outside, so we opened the sliding glass door to the balcony for some cool fresh air. The "champagne and strawberries" looked very sad. a $15 bottle of champagne and some very pathetic once frozen strawberries plastic-wrapped to a small plate. The carpet was a bit dingy, but not dirty, everything was very nice and clean but obviously worn. The bathroom was impressive, Awesome Shower, Huge Tub, Large Marble sink area with a huge mirror and the toilet was off to the side with its own door. The night was great dark and quiet, even with the sliding glass door wide open

In the morning We had Breakfast/Room Service, I thought it was included with the bloated package rate, but apparently was mistaken, the food was acceptable, I had 2 eggs and a muffin, she had an omelet, we both had Orange juice. It was ok, but definitely not worth the $50 it costs.

In the morning, We were continuously interupted, first was a knock. "Housekeeping.." 30 minutes later "Refreshments.." 30 minutes later "Housekeeping, will you be checking out today?"

So, I called the front desk and told them and verified the check-out time. She didnt have any info on the package but checked on it, and said yes, but "Based on availability" So i said.. Well?, is it available? She put me on hold to check with the manager, and he Immediately got on the Line "Yes sir, your checkout time is 4pm, enjoy the rest of your stay, and I appologize for the interruptions"

We Finally got up and took a walk around the Hotel, Headed for the hot tub. They have an "adults only" pool and hot tub which sounded like a great place to relax, We get there and theres 4 adults and 2 kids splashing around in it, So we walked around to find another. We found it, Broken and cold. So walked around a little more, and made our way back to the "adults only" one,. The Kids were still in it, but it huge and seemed better than nothing. a few minutes later the other people and children left. The view from the hot tub is awesome, its on the side of a hill so it makes it feel like you are in the middle of no-where. By far the best hot-tub ever. Everything else was great check-out was painless and we were on our way.

For some reason though have received a few "after-the-fact" charges on my card from them, I have a call in to their accounting team, but probably will not hear back until after the holidays.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I have been to La Cantera several times over the past few years
With this last stay it still has great golf, great views, beautiful grounds and a friendly and helpful staff. However, it is time for a renovation. The rooms are getting a little ragged and we also had some plumbing problems.
Once they update, it should be back to an excellent rating.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mlgtexas
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I said it was a romantic getaway but that was only half the weekend. I played both the courses and absolutely enjoyed the challenge. If you are a bomber you will love this course. I average 270 to 280 regularly and here I was hitting 320+ on the high tees. This course was extremely well cared for (even though they just seeded and aerated the greens. They were preparing for the Open but even with al this going on it was so worth it. For the ladys, there is a massive shopping mall across from the property. They had the best shops like Betsy Johnson, Macy's, Nordstrom and multiple Jewlery shops etc. The resturants on site are expensive and average. The steak house was very good but they had run out of table bread at 8:00 p.m.. Go figure. That did not set a good tone for the dinner. My wife went to the SPA and said it was wonderful and the massage was great. The best part was after dinner. We went to the room and were able to watch the fireworks from Fiesta Texas at 9:00 p.m.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple