What I really liked about this hotel are the pools and activities they had available for the kids! There is a small shallow pool for the toddlers and a water slide for the bigger kids. My kids are ages 5 and 2. They LOVED the pool! I guess it doesn't really take much to keep them happy. We went to their Westin Kids Club for Zoomagination during our stay and it was so cool! I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids did. They let us pet the different animals from reptiles to wallabies. We learned so much about the animals and the kids thought it was so much fun.
The hotel location is great as well. It's about 5 minutes from 1604 and I-10. The Shops at La Cantera had great shopping and lots of restaurant choices to choose from. Six Flags was directly across the street from the hotel.
I gave this property a 4 instead of a 5 because of the rooms. Though they had great amenities for families, the rooms could've used a little bit of up-keep. The walls had black marks like someone accidentally scraped their luggage across the wall. The furniture had minor stains. And the carpets looked a little worn out. Just a little bit of minor maintenance fixes should do the trick!
Overall, it was a fun place to stay with the family. Just a quick tip: We arrived the third week of August and we just missed the summer rush of people trying to get in their vacation before school started. Capacity was at less than 30%. So, if you're thinking about the best time to go and don't want to deal with the crowds, the third week in August is perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio