I stayed here for a CLE several years ago, and to be honest, did not know at the time it was also a good place for a family get away. They do an excellent job of separating the business traveler from the family traveler.
This was a last minute trip so we went with a traditional room. I was disappointed to see we were in room 1333, which is the first floor, but in the end it worked out well since we were steps away from the door out to the pool. I was there with my husband and two kids ages 5 and 7 for a long weekend, June 7-10. Overall seemed clean. Our room was clean, halls were clean. I was concerned after reading the negative reviews on trip advisor, but was pleasantly surprised to not have any issues with cleanliness, and believe me, I am a stickler about staying at places that are clean and would have complained and asked for a different room if the room was bad.
The pools were great, the slide a big hit, discovery junction good, s'mores yum, movie in the evening, nice, did the 1 mile nature hike and saw 2 deer, some rabbits, luckily no rattle snakes, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. You really can't find the same beautiful views at any other "Hill Country Resort" in San Antonio. We ate at the restaurant by the Quarry Pool. It was ok. Service was slow, prices high. We bought cereal and pastries in the Market one day and ate outside which was a good alternative to the hotel restaurant. Room service breakfast was ok and the same as the restaurant pricewise. We went down to the Rim to eat dinners, and spent two days at Sea World and Aquatica.
I notice reviewers complaining about the walk from the parking lot to the hotel. Get over it!! Why don't you try getting a little exercise. It takes all of 5 minutes. If you jog it, it takes only a couple minutes!
Already thinking about returning next May/June. My older son and husband will probably try the driving range next visit. My only complaint is the traditional room is a bit small. Next time we'd stay in a suite or a larger room with two queens. Who still sleeps in double/full size beds?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio