We stayed here in February for a family weekend celebration. There were 12 of us from all corners of the globe. The weather was extremely poor and I think that may have dampened my enjoyment of this hotel.
The hotel is set in the hill country just outside of San Antonio, but unfortunately all we saw was mist and rain, so I cant tell you if it was pretty or not! It was freezing cold, so we were not able to take advantage of the pools, which did look lovely. The men all set out on saturday to enjoy a round of golf, and they did enjoy it even if they did get very wet.
Before I critisize anything else, I have to say that the staff here are exeptional. The standard and quality of the service here is very very high, as you would expect from this quality of hotel. The food in Francesca`s was wonderful and the lunch we had in the other restaurant was also very good. They also have a coffee shop cafe and the food and coffee here were really good value and quality.
My husband is also a SPG Platinum member so we use the Westin group a fair bit, and I have to say that I was very dissappointed in the room. It was beginning to look dated. They put us in a large room with a seating area, but it was a long long walk to anything else in the hotel. As we were with a large group, I thought that they would try to keep us all together, but the rest of our party was in a completely different wing of the hotel, so too far away to drop in to see. Also when we arrived, there were wet paint signs along our room corridor, and the smell was very strong. Thankfully it wasnt bad in the room. But as the hotel wasnt even nearly full, I dont understand why they even put peole in those rooms for that night.
Our room overlooked the pool area, and we were woken up in the morning by kids in the pool making a lot of noise. If we had been staying any longer, I would have asked for a room change.
The food and drinks were on a par cost wise for other hotels in this category, but I am afraid that I find $16 for a glass of Chardonnay hard to take.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio