“Excellent Customer Service”

La Cantera Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My girlfriends from college and I were looking for a great weekend getaway. One of the girls suggested La Cantera and this turned out to be a weekend that I will never forget. Front desk manager,Sarah, set up our entire trip for us. She was professional, helpful and it was very clear that she was respected by her employees. Andrew who delivered room service and Maria,the housekeeper at the casitas also stuck out as fantastic employees. Their customer service was excellent. My friends and I loved the private patio and the golf cart provided to us. We felt special all weekend long and it was the perfect getaway. The resort is beautiful but the above average customer service by Sarah, Andew and Maria was what truly made this resort stand out. We will definitely work with Sarah in the future and look forward to bringing our entire family back soon. Thank you, Westin La Cantera!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. We hope you will be back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,436)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent a few days at La Cantera with my husband and five year old daughter on a business trip. We took our daughter to Kids Club and she absolutely loved it! The did arts/crafts, smores, fed her dinner and had a movie too. Carami, Patricia and Tito were great!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We are so glad you enjoyed yourself. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and our stay there was absolutely wonderful!!! The staff is relentlessly accomodating and always with a smile on their face. I would like to say that Cody, Christina, Austin and Joe, Who were the bar and wait staff at the pool area, were amazing and extremely friendly and helpful. As were Danielle & Gabby at the upstairs bar, Steinheimer's, which was always a wonderful time and the view of the pools, golf course and hill country from the balcony there has imprinted a memory with me that i will not soon forget. The spa is great as well, very relaxing! Tina, who is one of the massage therapists, was great!! I can not say enought wonderful things about her, her skills & techniques as a massage therapists as well as her professionalism. The Golf course was beautiful & the staff there went above and beyond also. The view from the seventh hole at the resort course is definitely worth checking out! The room that we stayed in was very spacious and clean, and the views that we had were fantastic. We did not take our kids with us, but I did see the game room that they had for the kids there and it was any kids dream, and most men's too probably. There also had activities going on for the kids in a big activity room by the pool, with staff in the room. The pools were great too, and I heard people of all ages raving about how much fun the slide was, although I didnt try it. I just can not say enough good things about this place. All I could think about when we left is going back there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

It is wonderful to know that your stay exceeded your expectations. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

my wife and i decided to try La Cantera again after a not so good visit the last time. The trip this time was much better. The resort is a beautiful resort and the staff was very friendly as they were the last time. The room was clean this time when we arrived and the front desk even called to wish my wife a happy birthday when we arrived which i thought was a nice touch. We ate breakfast at the resort one morning which was very good but expensive as is everything else at the resort which in my opinion is the only drawback. For the rest of our meals we left the resort to eat. The amenities for kids are very good and we will probably go back and bring them next time. Hopefully next time i will get to try the golf course because it is also beautiful and been wanting to play it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy birthday! We are so glad to know that your stay was a success and look forward to your return for golf.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the past weekend as a getaway with my wife. We stayed in one of the casitas. It was a nice stay but a few things were missing. First of all there are no on-demand movies. It is impossible to order them. There is also no DVD player in the room. They did offer to bring a portable one with a selection of some of their DVDs. We decided against this as this would take a lot of time. These are small issues but I think that you should expect these things at a hotel of the caliber of the Westin. We had an "ambassador" who assigns golf carts to the casita guest (the casitas are a little way away from the resort). Our ambassador assigned us the cart and seemed to be in a hurry. He was never seen again. Dont get me wrong. This is a good resort. I would however have to rank it third behind the JWMarriott and Hyatt Hill country. It could be much better especially given its location which is better than the other two hotels that I listed.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mille125

We are glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable for the most part and apologize that on-demand movies aren't available. We hope you will come back again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Close location to Fiesta Texas and shopping. The shuttle will take you to nearby places. We stayed over the Fourth of July holiday, and the resort had many activites planned. A place to watch fireworks with face painting, balloon animals, etc... The hotel also had Dive-In movies everynight. My kids also loved the water slide also. I would highly reccommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thanks for the nice review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and it was amazing.

Upon arrival and during our entire stay we had the pleasure of being helped by Terrick in the Valet. He made us feel like royalty every time we saw him.

The property is gorgeous. We had a lovely corner room with two balconies. The weather was so mild and pleasant that we had a chance to enjoy the fresh hillside air the whole time.

We ate at Brannon's and the Steinheimer's lounge. Both were great.

The staff is awesome! We came in one night to surprise anniversary gift of a Texas Shaped Chocolate box filled with truffles and fruit displayed on a plate that said "Happy Anniversary" and a lovely card thanks to Sarah. That was such a nice touch.

There are so many activities everyday. We enjoyed making smore's, live music, and wine tasting and that doesn't include half of what was going on.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for an exceptional place to stay.
Everyone really made us feel special.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Happy anniversary! We are delighted that your stay exceed your expectations and hope you will celebrate with us again next year!