“Nice Getaway Weekend”

La Cantera Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just returned from La Cantera. Spent 2 nights.
Hotel has beautiful grounds.
Room wasn't ready until 3. No biggie. Just went to the pool.
Adult Pool small but relaxing. Service at the pool very good. Prices for cocktails at the pool were a pretty good value. Can't bring your own cooler. Darn..
O'Bannions for breakfast was nice but a little pricey.
Room wasn't large, but a good size. Heavenly beds and linens. Comfy.
Great golf courses with exceptional service and value.
I prefer this area vs Riverwalk.
La Cantera Shops has everything you need. It's across the street. Good restaurants and a few bars if you want to get off the property.
If you're looking for a quick getaway for the weekend I highly endorse the La Cantera. Good place for couples or families.

JBH

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! At first I was skeptical because of the summer vacation crowds. I was so pleased with Rhonda's experience and help. She made so many suggestions on where we can go and when. She even helped me purchase tickets online so I could save time. What a great place to stay. The pools were also great for the kids and us.

Room Tip: Overlooking the course is awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thanks so much for your kind words. We hope you will be back again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our family and extended family made a brief one night stay at this property. There was 15 of us and we had 4 rooms. We were worried that our rooms may not be together but Kelly from the front desk really went out of her way to get our rooms together and make our stay more relaxing. The hotel was great for the kids and seemed clean and well staffed. I would not hesitate to return to this proberty again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you should book a family reunion here soon! Thanks for your kind review.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This resort is very large and is somewhat a maze to follow. It has beautiful views of the hill country and great views of fireworks at night from Fiesta Texas. The drinks at poolside are really great and they have an adult only hottub, which I think is the largest tub I've ever seen. The spa is nice, it is pretty small, and not very fancy but the service and the gals there are great. I had a massage by Stephy Ann, For somebody with tiny hands, she really worked out the stress, and she gave me wine after my massage! Great weekend getaway. I suggest the view of the pond area on the 5th floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on 5th floor are quiet and have a great view of the rolling hills.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelguider20120
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thanks for your kind words. We hope you will return soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I would recommend this for either business or pleasure. I stayed here for two evening and the views are unparalleled. Sitting in the pool, watching the sunset over the Texas hills is one of the most beautiful sights I have seen in my life. The rooms was quiet and comfortable, the bed is truly heavenly. From check in to check out all of the staff was helpful and kind.

The pool and grounds were kept up very well and large enough that you did not feel as though you were fighting for a seat, and the evenings I was there the hotel was sold out. This would be great for families, as the pool was very kid friendly and even had a kids club.

I will for sure return to this property. The views alone put any hotel on the riverwalk to shame, if in the San Antonio area this is a must stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was our second time staying at the resort, the first time we stayed we had a couple of problems that were resolved by the staff, but it still impacted our stay. We gave them a second try this past weekend, and we had a wonderful stay without any problems. The service was quick and efficient, the food was wonderful, and the room was quiet and comfortable.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are delighted to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I do not know how this hotel was rated with only four stars.. It is way beyond five stars and should be listed as such. I especially want to thank Adrianna Rodriguez for her excellent service on pool side. She did such a great job on day one, we asked for her again on day 2. We were not in her "section" but the manager aloud her to serve us... YIPEE!!! I am a flight attendant and I give excellent service, this is the kind of first class treatment that makes me wonder why this hotel is not listed as five star. From the beginning of my stay till the end this hotel went above and beyond to accommodate and treat me like a first class passenger... Thanks again Adrianna!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JanetDELTA
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

It is so great to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you again soon!