My husband and I stayed here for New Year's (which is also the time of our anniversary). The staff was wonderful! I mentioned my anniversary when I booked the room, and - without even being asked to do this - when we walked in, there were rose petals scattered on the floor and bed, just like on our honeymoon. That was very special.
We tried out the bar our first night, where we ordered food. The cheeseburger and nachos were exceptional, and so were the martinis! We also ate at Francesca's another night, and the steak was very good, though the menu lacks "normal" choices if you don't eat seafood and wild game (I have a shellfish allergy and am not partial to game, so the only entree I could eat was a steak).
The resort is Texas-chic, and I loved the upscale Western touches. I also loved the modern amenities, like the Starbucks on premises and the wi-fi. I booked a round of golf for my husband, and both he and I really were impressed by the Arnold Palmer course. The greens were INCREDIBLY fast, but the course as a whole was very fun, and we had a great time.
Thanks, La Cantera, for helping us have a great anniversary weekend!
One more note: this property is LOADED with international (read: from Mexico) families during the holidays. While walking around, I heard more Spanish than English in the hallways. This didn't bother me at all, but I did hear another older couple grumbling about it to us in the elevator, so I guess it does bother some people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio