“Fantastic Vacation Resort!”

Ranked #26 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“Fantastic Vacation Resort!”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We stayed at WLC over Spring Break this year with our 8 year old son and couldn't have found a better resort to vacation at. Everything we experienced during our stay - from the clean, sparkling (and HUGE) family pool, to the luxurious family and adult pools, the awesome spa, excellent food, and warm, friendly staff - was top notch. It's rare to find a spa resort that also caters to families and children these days. If you're looking for a vacation spot that's reasonably priced and definitely caters to the customer, this is it. Dad can take in a round or two of golf on the beautiful courses (notice that's plural), Mom can spend a few hours at the top tier spa, and the kids can hang out at the pool or spend the day enjoying all the fun camps and activities the resort offers for young ones. Six Flags Fiesta Texas is right across the street and Sea World is a 10 minute shuttle from the hotel. The Shops at La Cantera are right down the hill and are filled with top notch stores and restaurants. We're very familiar with the Hyatt Hill Country Resort in town and while it's nice, Westin beats it hands down in terms of customer service and attention to detail, amenities, and value. If you're looking to get the biggest bang for your buck, La Cantera is the way to go. We will definitely be coming back!

1 Thank texyak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I just came back from the Westin La Cantera and had an amazing time. It reminded me of the resorts in Cancun without having to cross borders. The pool area was so relaxing and our room view was breathless. The staff was incredible and very friendly. They took very good care of us from the moment we arrived til the time we left. I highly recommend for anyone who wants a mini-vacation for the weekend. I'm already planning my next stay in May.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Family consisted of 7 plus mother and sister in law. Staff went out of their way to make our stay fantastic. Property was maintained wonderfully and staff went the extra mile to ensure rooms, requests, food and facilities were of the highest quality. Concierge Deena took the effort to locat unique baseball and backpacking store, Yared at front desk steered us to the on site Starbucks with coupons! Shuttle to Fiesta Texas and La Cantera mall was a life saver...finally, the rooms were extremely quiet! A great spring break for my family!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
JamiChampagne, Director of Guest Experience at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Dear frank609, It was great to read about your Spring Break experience at our resort! I will extend a Texas sized "thank you" to Deena and Yared for providing what we like to call "Texas Hospitality" to you and your family. We are so fortunate to be located so close to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and the wonderful Shops at La Cantera. I am thrilled that you were all able to enjoy the complimentary shuttle over to these two great locations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, perhaps for a summer getaway :)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Fantastic service, and that was from the start. My kids loved the pool and all the kid activities they had to offer. I my youngest put it. "They have everything except a human robot!!" I had a chance to go shopping while my children were at the kids club. I was one of my favorite trips.The room was very spacious and overlooked the pool. The valets were so helpful in letting me know good places to eat and on our way out the bellman Ivan was very friendly. He made our kids laugh and asked about us. He told us he has family in Corpus, which is where we're from. He also manages to get all our luggage and shopping neatly in our car. The only problem we had was leaving to early.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear JennF963 in Corpus Christi, thank you for the glowing review! We are so glad that you made the trip from Corpus Christi and that Ivan was able to make a connection with you. It is always a great trip when the kids can have a blast and when mom can find time to sneak away to shop :) The Shops at La Cantera are so great to have right next door. We hope that you will "like" us on Facebook to find out all the great happenings and special offers at The Westin La Cantera Resort throughout the year, please come back again soon!
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We traveled with 2 other families this time to LaCantera for a Spring Break vacation. 6 adults and 5 teenagers and once again, were delighted with the impeccable service all the way around. From the service at the pool area to dinner at Francesca's, we had incredible customer service. Even after we left and had forgotten an item in our room, the staff at LaCantera went above and beyond, located the item and mailed it to us. This is our FAVORITE respite away from home and we will return again and again!! Thanks Westin for a fabulous experience!!

DECATUR, TEXAS
Reviewed March 17, 2011

From the moment you arrive you feel like you really are very special guests. We have been going to La Cantera for many years now for Spring Break and this property never disappoints. Carlos, who seems to always be at the valet station upon our arrival, always personally greets our family as soon as we stop the car and it never gets old being recognized and welcomed back by name. The food is great, Chef Henry in Resort Grill, knows how to smoke turkey, brisket and sausage as well as anyone in the state, and in Texas that is a tall order. Great golf course our boys love it. Would highly recommend to anyone staying in the San Antonio area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
JamiChampagne, Director of Guest Experience at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear mrevilro, Wow! Thank you so much for your loyalty over the years to The Westin La Cantera Resort! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your wonderful experience. Thank you for recognizing the welcome that you receive from Carlos on the front drive and the amazing food prepared by Chef Henry at The Grille. We are so glad that you and your boys enjoy our award winning golf courses and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I had a remarkable experience at the Westin La Cantra last weekend. My experience was first class from the moment I arrived. The gracious and accomodating service I received from everyone I encounter was unpresidented. The rooms were amazing. The spa was a slice of heaven. My weekend was topped off by a remarkable meal at Francesca's. From the moment I was greeted by Milan and Gabriella I knew I was in for a real dining experience. I was not disappointed. Chef Ernie presented a meal that was sensational! I enjoyed it so much I returned the next morning for bunch. I highly recommend you experience this out of this world menu.
This resort is obviously run by a group of professionals that know how to create an experience that you will remember for a lifetime. I am making my plans to return soon, you should too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear msmiles 1, I was absolutely delighted to read your review. We are so proud of the team at Francesca's and we will personally thank Gabriella, Milan and Chef Ernie for creating such a wonderful dining experience at Sunday Brunch and dinner. Thank you for sharing your experience and please come back again soon!