“Great service along with great location”

Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
Ranked #111 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was hesitant in staying in a hotel so close to San Antonio airport; however, my client was located just across the way from the hotel. When I checked in, I found out that one of my reservations was missing. You staff was friendly and very accommodating. The lady at front was able to get me a room at the same price as the other with no issue.

I originally thought that the courtesy shuttle was only for to/from airport. When I asked the front desk to call me a cab, they said that the courtesy van could drop us off and pick us up ANYWHERE within a few miles. This was welcoming surprise that I have never encountered before at this level of hotel. Your courtesy van staff was very courteous and professional.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel the next time I am in San Antonio.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently stayed at this property -- very nice lobby! Customer service was great and rooms were well appointed. Very much appreciated the mini fridge in the spacious room! Two minor complaints - traffic noise from the expressway nearby and the inability to leave the ac fan running over night. Luckily, we travel with an app that supplies white noise on demand to assist in drowning out disturbances.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are facing the expressway, as the noise may be an annoyance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rdven
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was a really good hotel. It is located properly and nearly everytime we go to San Antonio we try to stay there. It is not a pricey hotel and it has a Starbucks, how cool is that! I really recommend it, it is a good hotel if you are looking for a reliable hotel with very good service.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had a short stay, the staff is very nice, and the rooms were clean. There is a Papadeaux in the same parking lot, and a Fairfield Inn as well, free parking (uncovered for all). The courtyard was pretty typical and met all my expectations, the friendly staff made it a little nicer!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hodels
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great staff-very helpful-room was cool and spotless. A great hotel to catch an early morning flight from. Staff was helpful in locating a great Mexican restaurant that was not a tourist type. This is a well run hotel. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel for business about 8 times a year. It was renovated a couple years ago and now has the modern marketplace style lobby. Located across the highway from the airport and on the intersection of 410 and 281, its easy to get anywhere in SA quickly. Less than 10 minutes to downtown. Mall is next door and Pappadeuxs restaurant shares the parking lot...decent southern food in a festive lively atmosphere. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful. Always been clean every time ive stayed there as well and i can recommend if youre looking for a well kept, mid priced business travel hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

These pages are not long enough to describe how new and more wonderful our recent stay became at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel.
Of course we always have chose a Marriott but have not vacationed for a long long time. It was both our birthdays this July and we wanted to have TWO special days. Your Marriott hotel and ALL your staff has made that a superb reality!
I, George, was celebrating my 82nd birthday and my eighth year in Texas (from Arizona).
The Jacuzzi Hot tub and pool made my stay in Antonio a regenerated pleasant excursion. I was energized daily by dipping in that hot-tub! This gave me the circulation and energy to tramp around Sea-World all day.
The morning breakfast at your Bistro gave my wife and I the blast-off to a whole day of touring and walking. We left and entered the hotel to the happy, smiling, friendly greetings of the entire staff at ALL times. Even got super directions and map to Sea-World from Spencer and Marsha or Millssa personally saved me a newspaper and left it my room for me when we went out to dinner! They were day workers and suggested the fine "Pappaduex" restaurant right next door. A fabulous sea food dinner place. We were strangers to San Antonio and they helped us continually and politely with ALL our many questions.
To top-off our departure the lady hotel manager bid us goodbye and made sure we were leaving happily and satisfied. We told her how great our room and stay was right down to the
furnishings and wi-fi. As was the cleanliness and care of the house maids. I can go on, but I'm sure you know we'll be coming back - - - again and again, when we can!
Sincerely, George & Sandra Fischer July 19 and 20 2013