“Good location”

Ranked #119 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Good location”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Good hotel little expensive but the location is great, near from the Shipping mall and airport

• Stayed February 2012
Joseph_Pedraza, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We are glad to hear that you like our location and we hope you enjoyed our amenities as well. The distance to shopping and restaurants is very convenient for our guests. Be sure to look on our website for Advanced Purchase discounts for your next visit to San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2012

To date, I've stayed here twice. Both times were booked through priceline's "name your own price". I was so pleased with everything this hotel had to offer that on my next trip to S.A., I'll likely just book through the hotel directly...why chance it with priceline again...the hotel is well worth full price.

The lobby is undergoing renovations, but the hotel provides more than enough to compensate for the inconvenience. They provide a free full breakfast, free drinks and snacks, free cookies and coffee, and during my 2nd stay, free beer and wine. The truth is, though, this hotel would stand out without the freebies.

The staff is cheery, smiley, helpful, and very genuine. You won't get any artificial smiles here. The staff treats you as if they are genuinely happy to see you, and to have you as a guest at their hotel. They're personable, and very helpful when it comes to whatever you may need that is San Antonio related.

The rooms are very spacious, very clean, very quiet, and most important climate comfortable. The rooms I've stayed in both had balconies, which was nice for the morning hours. You can't beat a warm cup of coffee on a clean, large balcony in the morning. Rooms included a 32 inch LCD TV with basic cable plus HBO. The beds are comfortable, as is the couch. I believe the couches include a sofa-sleeper. I'm not sure, as it was never pulled out while I stayed. The restroom was spacious, with a tub/shower that has excellent water pressure. The vanity area is a little bit small, as it's only a single sink, but that's more of an observation than a gripe.

The area the hotel is in is beyond convenient. There are numerous restaurants and retail stores within a few miles radius. I've actually commented to my GF that if we ever moved to S.A., that's the area we'd need to move to. It's very, very convenient.

One warning to travelers, though. On a busy weekend, parking may be a bit difficult, as the back side of the hotel shares a parking lot with Pappadeaux, and the front side of the hotel shares a lot with the Fairfield Inn.

Overall...this hotel goes above and beyond what one would expect out of a Courtyard. I'd recommend this place to anyone travelling to San Antonio

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frawgster
WOW! Thank You Very Much!!

We always appreciate receiving feedback of our hotel and we absolutely LOVE positive reviews!

Thank you for being so understanding and loyal to our hotel during the renovation. We have since completed and are excited about our new Bistro/Bar. Unfortunately we have discontinued the free breakfast that we offered during our renovation. We now have a made to order menu for breakfast and dinner.

Our staff is amazingly genuine and they are a great asset to our hotel! The area is great for dining, shopping and entertainment. We hope to have you stay with us again on your next visit to San Antonio, if you don’t decide to move here!

Thanks again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Great staff here that worked as a TEAM and delivered excellent customer service. I checked in at the last minute due to being too ill to fly. When paramedics were called to my room the General Manager and Operations Manager came up to sit with me until their arrival. Upon my release from the ER, the hotel team sent the shuttle to pick me up from the hospital, took me to the pharmacy to have prescriptions filled and delivered me back to the hotel safe and sound. The front desk representatives were extremely helpful in assisting me upon return and even called me the following morning to make sure I was okay.

My room was very clean, spacious and comfortable with a cute flat screen to watch as I rested the illness away. I was beyond impressed and so grateful to be greeted by a team who not only went above and beyond to meet my customer service needs; they genuinely cared about my physical well being. You can't ask for better customer service than that. I will definitely stay here again should I return to San Antonio. You should too!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LADiva2011
Joseph_Pedraza, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you are feeling better and that we were able to cater to your needs. Our front desk staff is always willing to go above and beyond for all of our valued guests. We hope to see you on your next trip to San Antonio! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a very clean nice hotel in a very convenient area. They were remodeling the lobby but to compensate for the inconvenience they offered everyone the breakfast buffet for free. The breakfast is great. I checked in Christmas weekend and they also gave me a little bag filled with sweets and cookies. I thought that was very nice of them. Overall a very nice hotel and I'm sure after the remodel in the lobby it will be even nicer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I always love the courtyard. It is consistently great. Beds comfy food very good. This one is next to a restaurant that was highly recommended by a local. I don't remember the name but it's right across the street. They are known for amazing breakfast.
Staff was great at this hotel and we enjoyed our stay. Close drive to a flea market that was very nice. Metered parking at the Mkt and they are quick to issue tix so be aware.

• Stayed October 2011
Sonora, TX
Reviewed December 5, 2011

It was noisy, its in a Papado's parking lot, beware of the drivers leaving there. Almost got T-boned going across to the motel. In the bathroom you could hear people talking as if they were in the same room with you. Maybe the venting is all connected. the lighting in the bathroom and vanity area was horrible. If reservations are made through priceline, watch who you talk to at the motel because it may not be as promised when you get there. There are no microwaves and refridgerators in the room. Normally for this level of motel you would expect to get one. I was told breakfast was included and then when I got there i was informed"at your price, i don't think so. The water pressure in the shower was not great at all, the warmer you turned the water the less it got til there was no water at the hottest setting. If you tried to run a bath it would take a long while. The pillows are the 1/2 pillows. Hair on the pillows. The blanket folded in the drawer for use had obviously not been laundered as there was hair on it. The paper coasters under the "clean" glasses and coffee mugs were stained and dirty. Noisy with the airport being nearby. The hot tub didn't work. Walked in the main lobby early Sat. evening , people watching a football game with ice chests and empty 12 pack beer cases around. There was some construction or remodling going on making the front entrance a bit more difficult to get into. They don't tell you the breakfast isn't included until after you ate and then it was over $21.00 for 2!!!! For a Marriott it certainly isn't what you would expect.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhSherrie
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Staff is very pleasant. Older Courtyard that's been redone but they appear to have left the original wood funiture in the room. Room 206 managment should take a look at the how dirty the front edges of the desk are. The build up is so thick you can see it on the desk. Since I travel for business I always have to sit at the desk to do computer work. This one need someone to give it a cleaning with some wood soap- quite off putting. I Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business