“great stay”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #50 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 11, 2008

After getting my room key, was concerned about being placed next to an ice machine or elevator. Stephanie at front desk said if anything is not to your liking come back and we can move you. Got to room and it was 2 doors down from the ice machine. I figured maybe during the week with no groups of teenagers running around it would be fine. About 15 minutes later, Stephanie called my room and asked if everything was okay with the room. I appreciate that extra to make sure I was pleased. The evening reception was great--pizza, salad, baked potatoes and free drinks. Like the breakfast buffet also. Would definately come back in the future.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed February 26, 2008

This was like the 11th time I have stayed there. It is convenient to the airport, great evening snack and drink service (Managers Welcoming) 2 business computers to use, clean, always friendly. Great warm BREAKFAST...if you are used to just bagels and a few danishes, you are in for a treat.

Then only complaint (not their fault) is the construction in the area on the freeways. But to me, it is worth it when I get in a nice clean comfortable and quiet room.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Booked the "deluxe" king room for two nights at the Drury Inn, mostly based on reviews here. The hotel's location is great, easy access to The Quarry, Brackenridge Park/Zoo, SAT, and downtown (an easy drive down 281, less than 10 minutes). I also enjoyed most of the "free extras". My major disappointment was that more emphasis seems to be placed on these than on the comfort of the actual rooms. Our sink was very slow in draining, and the vanity area around the sink was tiny. The bathroom was small, and the inward-opening door took up the entire restroom except for the shower. The shower emitted an odd smell when the water was turned to hot. The television seemed very old (color was faded, reception poor). Bed linens were OK. Drury prides itself on its free breakfast and "happy hour", both of which were pretty good. The breakfast was nice, although if you're in town during a convention expect them to run out of coffee and food regularly - you have to hover to get something. Of course, this means it's extra fresh when it does come out, but if you're in a rush to get somewhere in the morning and only have 20 minutes for breakfast, you might end up leaving hungry! The cocktail hour is a great idea - three free drinks per guest (most liquors and mixers, beer and inexpensive wine) as well as snacks (hot dogs, nachos, carrot and celery sticks, etc.). Again, it can get crowded. The pool area and hot tub were well-maintained. The view from our room was actually quite nice (look over 410 for nice sunrise/sunset views). Bed linens were moderate. Overall, at a comparable price, I think Hampton Inn offers better accommodations as far as quality of linens and toiletries and quality of breakfast foods. If you're interested in staying at a place that gives you free liquor, this is a good bet! If you want the utmost comfort in your personal room, however, I'd look elsewhere...

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2008

We stayed here one night and caught a shuttle to the airport the next morning. We left our car in the gated parking garage until we returned one week later and spent the night again. I was pleased that the parking was gated, I felt a litle more secure leaving it there for a week. The room was nice, very clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and was always the free breakfast and evening drinks were wonderful. I would defnitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2008

The Drury Inn Airport continues to maintain my business. It's a good price, close enough to downtown and shopping. Kids love the afternoon snacks (pizza, salad, popcorn, hot dogs, etc) adults love the free drinks and everyone loves the hot breakfast. Rooms are always clean and spacious. The hotel is generally quiet. Secure parking, nice friendly staff and a free shuttle within a few miles for shopping and eateries. Plenty to do around the area. Don't pay the high price of staying downtown if you have your own transportation..Stay there instead...save some bucks.. :)

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cel421
Reviewed August 15, 2007

I stay at Drurys often and this one is a gem. The rooms are immaculate, breakfast is the best, evening snacks are such a treat and the employees are friendly and helpful. I asked for and received an upgrade as I had an unexpected guest join me on this trip. The pool was clean and even though the kids were loud, the hotel closed the pool at 10pm each night, so noise was not a problem.

The hotel provides maps and brochures which help getting around the city. This made Cowboys training camp fun and easy to navigate. We went downtown to the Riverwalk, I had not been there in years. The city does such a good job with this attraction.

I am off to Tennessee and will not think twice about staying at a Drury there.

1  Thank starsfan2299
Reviewed July 19, 2007

We were road-tripping to Houston and needed a place to stop for the night. Call after call to San Antonio properties left me frustrated...everyone we tried was booked! So this particular Drury Inn was literally my 15th call - and it should have been my first. My family and I were pleased with every aspect of this hotel, from the pool to the exercise room to our room. The room is configured perfectly for families, the floors were relatively quiet considering how many people were staying at this hotel, and the front desk staff was unfailingly accommodating. We were so very, very pleased with our stay. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family