New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #62 of 359 Hotels in San Antonio
Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

WE reserved the biggest room possible, because we like space and our son goes to sleep early, so we want to stay up. We got the oversized King Suite. It was a big room, but the window faces the highway and it was so loud the next morning we requested to be moved to another room. They were very nice and moved us to a smaller suite that did not face the highway. In fact, only the oversized suites face the highway! Very strange to have the most expensive rooms be the loudest.
The second room was fine, although there was no door to be able to close between the living and sleeping areas. Not good when you have a baby.
The breakfast was fine, and the free drinks at night really helped start the night off right :)
The first room was outdated, but looks like they remodeled the smaller suites and they were nice.
It was ok for the money, location was great for us visiting family. Would I stay again? Maybe.

Room Tip: Stay away from the oversized rooms. They face the highway and the exit ramp has a view into your roo...
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Akron, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

this was our first experience staying at a Drury Inn. I can't say why we've never chosen to stay, maybe I had the misconception that it was a lower end property. WRONG!!!
We rented 3 rooms four my husband, myself & 2 employees. Other than the over abundance of rude annoying kids at the daily FREE breakfast & FREE evening meal ( it was unfortunately spring break during our business trip) we all agreed we would be regulars at Drury Inns. The beds & pillows were extremely comfortable. So much so, in fact, I emailed the hotel asking for the name of the pillows and received a reply with the info almost immediately !!,
I have, by the way already ordered said pillows from amazon & looking forward to their arrival.
We loved the fact that they had rollable shampoo, conditioner dispensers in the shower, thus saving the planet from all the wasted bottles & bars of soap. The staff were always smiling & friendly. One gentleman at the front desk offered to get me a banana after I inquired if I had missed breakfast & and it turns out that I had. The popcorn machine in the lobby was a welcome little treat upon returning from a long day of working.
My only complaint is regarding the towels. While there were always plenty, they were a bit thin & dare I say cheap. Spruce up the towels & we may never leave!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hello All, I am a gold key member and love Drury Inn properties. When visiting San Antonio I usually stay at the Riverwalk location but they were booked so I chose the airport location which came highly recommended by other tripadvisor members. I am so disappointed, the outer appearance was typical of Drury, nice curb appeal. The room, not so much,two room suite with a brick wall inside? Not very warm to me. There seemed to be some sort of tiny creepy crawlies anytime you walked the floor and I noticed a urine smell in the corner of the room. Service was nice, staff was very accomodating. Fluffy pillows and nice bed but the bugs crawling made me question the cleanliness. Enjoyed the waffles but that was it, skip the powdered eggs lukewarm sausage links. Packaged gravy and cold cereal.Dinner, was horrible pasta ala surprise and hard bun hot dogs. The kids enjoyed the ice cream. Thank goodness for Applebees, I will not stay here again. The highlight of my stay, Happy Hour and free parking. Decent location as far as access to touristy areas but cleanliness and quality food is important as well. I do not recommend this location.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SSmith30
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We love to hear about our friendly, accommodating staff. Nonetheless, we are concerned about the cleanliness issues you mentioned. If you have a moment, would you be so kind to call me at the hotel so that we may pinpoint which room you were in to ensure that these issues have been addressed? Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Michael Dobrowolski
STL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Excellent stay! Great service, very friendly staff. Food was good. Would definitely recommend.greatvalue, many extras. One of the best drury's I have stayed at. Free parking, for attractions , centrally located.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place was a very nice surprise. The room was huge and a true suite with comfortable beds. The happy hour was mind blowing with what was offered all for FREE. As much as you wanted of pasta, meatballs, hotdogs, salad, nachos, baked potatoes, and ice cream. Plus, 3 free drinks of your choosing. The staff at every corner welcomed me and asked if there was anything they could to make the stay better. I will stay here again next time I am in San Antonio and need to leave early for a flight. Only 5 minutes from the airport, yet no airport noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed one night and it was great. The place is like new inside.Our room was small but very comfortable and very clean.Hot and cold breakfast in the AM and a 3 drink and food session in the evening . Different foods each night.Very good. Free shuttle to shopping and airport. Really couldn't ask for more.Great stay. Thank you Drury Hotel for the comfortable stay.
Would definately recommend this hotel. Try it you'll like it.

Winnsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Drury near SAT is pretty typical of other Drury hotels. Free hot breakfast in the morning, free glass of wine or beer in early evenings, free popcorn anytime. Great place to stay. Most hotels skimp on freebies but not Drury. Also free on demand shuttle to and from airport.

Room Tip: Hard to find because the roads have changed. Worth time spent looking and driving.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple