Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
“Terrible!”
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn last weekend. Terrible Service! We stayed
3 nights and our room was not cleaned once! They came in to leave
towels everyday, and made only ONE of the two beds on the second morning,
but that was it. WHEN the front desk bothered to answer calls they were
friendly but NOT HELPFUL! Once when we came back to the room after an
afternoon out, our toilet was clogged. Funny, it wasn't clogged when
we left. I called the front desk and didn't mention that it wasn't
clogged before, only asked for them to send someone to fix it, and I
immediately started getting excuses as to why they counldn't come right away.
AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER someone came with a plunger.
There are only two nice things I can say about this hotel: there were
lots of nice big fluffy pillows on each bed, and the indoor heated pool
and hottub were great. Will not stay there again, though! Too many
problems!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2005

The rooms were nice. But they did have a large container of bottled water that if you opened they charged you $2.75 far opening. Very tricky. My room was purchased and paid for in advance through Priceline. When I returned home and checked my credit card account I discovered they had added an additional $10 charge that they could not explain.

Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
mexico
Reviewed March 20, 2005

I review every hotel I visit in your website and decided in staying at this Hotel for the family friendly review, but I have to agree with the first review, the hotel is in bad shape inside, the room is smelly, all of the second floor has a bad cigar smoke smell. If you stay in the first floor or lobby level the smell will remind you of your kids swiming school. On the positive side you have free internet access. I am using it to write the review!!! and the staff are really nice people. Tomorrow I am moving to the Marriot hoping to find a better place.

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank AHS68
Reviewed July 18, 2004

I thought that by being part of the Marriot family, the Fairfield Inn was going to be a nice, clean and affordable hotel, but I was wrong. We found a cheap place with a nice exterior. We were given a non-smoking room in the first floor that was having a bad moist odor mixed with smoke-like odor (terrible) and the beds were uncomfortable and cheap. The cockroach that crawled my wife's foot was free of charge - I could not find rooms in nearby hotels so we requested to be changed to another room. The clerk did not apologize for the insect but accepted to give us another room. We were told that they will have our luggage in the new room upon our return that same day – of course this did not happen, we were given another room and we moved our luggage ourselves, the morning clerk did not act upon. As a plus, the new room was quite different, it even seemed that it was another hotel, no smell, comfortable beds. The indoor pool is very nice, our kids loved it. The free breakfast is somehow decent. It is evident that not all Marriots are created equally!!!

2 Thank traveltipsElPaso_TX
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2004

This is a wonderful hotel conveniently located near the airport. We had a very early flight so being near the airport was important to us. We rented a car from Advantage RentaCar which is just down the road from here. The indoor pool is a hit with the kids. The hot tub spa is great for grown ups. We were here on Spring Break so lots of kids were here with families. The continental breakfast is wonderful-Lots of variety.
Room is large, nice and clean. The staff is wonderful-Recommended great places to eat and see. We needed extra pillows-no problem. We needed extra towels for the pool-no problem. I will definitely stay here again.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these San Antonio hotels
Uptown Broadway
Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall? Share your experiences!