Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“5-Star Service”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Everyone staff person was pleasantly engaging. This was my third different hotel stay in as many nights and I was made to feel welcome and valued at every turn. The lady at breakfast made my Texas shaped waffle and brought it to my table. The staff had carved pumpkins and had visitors vote on the best design. This was a nice homey touch.

With a little updating in the lobby and a larger desk in the room this could be my home away from home when visiting San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member, I stay at Marriott properties a lot, so obviously I mostly like them. This location has standard Fairfield Inn quality, a decent breakfast, and a very friendly staff. All was good, until I asked about the shuttle schedule for Sunday morning. I was told 'the shuttle only runs Monday through Friday, I can call you a taxi.' Not acceptable! The hotel's web site says, and this is a copy and paste of everything they have about the shuttle service: "Airport shuttle service, on request, complimentary. Shuttle Phone: 1 210 530 9899." I now have an extra $20 cost to get to the airport that I was not planning for by staying here--since the web site makes no mention of the limited shuttle service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is not a 'frills' hotel. It's a nice, clean, friendly, small hotel. It's location and friendly staff make it a great value. The personal go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. It is hidden, so be sure and watch for hotel sign and turn in---go past restaurant to the back beside the Marriott Courtyard. Beds are comfy-room clean.
Cracker Barrel and Road House Steak less than 2 blks. Pappadeux right in front. Tons of Fast food and other chains within 1 mile. Huge mall 4 blks away. Airport less than 5 minutes--but never hear planes. Walmart around corner.
This is a quiet hotel. They also have a very quick shuttle to airport.

Room Tip: I always ask for the 1st floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had just stayed in a Fairfield Inn in Austin TX and were dissapointed with this hotel. I desperately needs updating and a really good overhaul. The lobby was more like a 2 star hotel and the furniture in the lobby needs replacing. The minisuite we had needs re-doing. The bed was very tired (no pun intended) and also very soft but not in a good way.
The staff was excellent. Jim Bridges was wonderful and always had a smile on his face no matter what. The rest of the front desk staff was also great and helpful.
This is an airport hotel so I know it is well used and I just hope at some time they will get a chance to renovate. They were working on the breakfast area, putting in new cupboards will we were there. The breakfasts were excellent, lots of choice of hot or cold foods. Very nice lady who kept everything filled.
The shuttle service was also great. We decided to take our rental car back the night before we flew and the shuttle came and picked us up at the car rental office, and then next day took us back to the airport with lots of time to spare for our flight.
I would like to go back there because of the good service but it would have to be renovated first.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad place. Our room seemed pretty sound proof we could not hear a thin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I enjoyed the hotel, especially the breakfast and the breakfast attendant. She was very nice and even staff was very pleasant all time. the rooms are good size. bathroom are nice. and it is located at a great location , close to mall and airport. so we enjoyed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Comfort, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Could not easily find correct driveway back to hotel. Once there, however, Heather (day), Nora (evening), and Mary Helen (breakfast) really went out of their way to take care of us.

Especially appreciate the staff being willing to secure a cab. Both drivers were great. They got us to and from the Riverwalk in a timely fashion. I work nights at a hotel and know what good customer service is all about. These three have made our stay great instead of irksome. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Van, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on business for a week and felt right at home as soon as we walked in the front door. The rooms were priced right and, the service from every staff member was excellent. Definitely a great value.

• Stayed October 2013