Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas
“To the rescue”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

So after a very bad experience at a different hotel we went searching for another place to stay. We went to this hotel and the front desk was more than helpful, he even let us look at the room before we paid for the night. I would stay at this hotel not only for the service but because it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Game13
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you and your family! I hope that you will choose us again when you next visit San Antonio!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked In very late For an unplanned overnight stay . The hotel was In need of some updates the furniture was decent a combination of old and new. The staff were friendly. Room didnt have many towels and towels appeared to be old and a few had spots on them. the lighting fixtures were old as well as the bathroom fixtures.
The next morning I was walking in the room with my socks on and my socks were wet. Initially I thought it was due to walking across the carpet with wet feet after showering but later figured out the fridge in the room was leaking. I was upset after calling down stairs to learn that the room shouldn't have been given out because they were aware of the wet carpet and leaky fridge.
I complained and received a 50% discount however I felt it was very poor judgement to rent out a room that shouldn't have been. Also there is very limited parking and I drove past the entry way because theirs no sign or arrow directing you to the location. Big inconvenience because you have to circle back around the service road. My suggestion would be to find another location if you have to find a place quickly. I've stayed @ several Marriott's and there counterparts that are much nicer.

• Stayed April 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and felt during your stay. We work very hard to ensure that things like what you experienced do not happen to our guests during their stay with us and I am sorry that we failed with you. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to make up for this the next time you are in San Antonio. Please contact me directly when you are planning your next trip and I will ensure that you are taken care of.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel was great for a 1 night stay while in the area for business. Close to the airport and felt very new. Front desk was extremely friendly & helpful. So nice to come back after a day of work and enjoy the afternoon/evening dinner. Food was good: burgers, sides and drinks. Breakfast in the morning was average, but all I needed. I'd stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again the next time you are in San Antonio!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Awoke very early with family to catch a 6:15am flight. Upon going out to rental car, we discovered a flat tire. The man at hotel reception was very helpful in getting us on the first shuttle from the hotel to airport. He was also helpful in getting our car picked up at hotel by Hertz. We did not have to miss our flight. The shuttle driver was also very professional.

Our room was comfortable. We did not get to try out breakfast. The hotel location is excellent along loop 410, close to the airport and Northstar mall.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad that the staff was helpful in getting you off on your flight without delay. If there is anything else that we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in San Antonio!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed here over 20 times. Staff is a always at its best. The mall is very close by. Including all other department store. Airport shuttle available. Food within walking distance. Will returned again.

• Stayed March 2013
We are very happy to be your hotel of choice in San Antonio. We will see you the next time you are in town.
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at other Fairfield Inns in the the past and this hotel has really shown wear. Needs updates. The bed was lumpy, couch uncomfortable and only one can be in bathroom at a time...very small for a suite. Only one elevator for 5 floors which can be a problem when all checking out at same time. Not the quality or comfort i expected for the price.

• Stayed March 2013
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have felt while at our hotel. We value each and every guest, and try to live the Marriott mission. We are ramping up for a renovation in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything that I can do for you. I do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in San Antonio.
central pennsylvania
Reviewed February 27, 2013

on the ceiling and jumping on the bed...these bugs...Not bed bugs but still.... told the management and they said they would return points...have not seen them yet!
parking lot was horrible to get into on Friday night...Leaving for the airport the next morning to return the rental car was easy. No shuttle service on Weekends...be aware...one ad for this hotel offers shuttle upon request and the other ad says only M-F...confusing?!?
Breakfast was good...but the room needs to be fumigated! this is the south and they have bugs...but I don't want to sleep with them.

Room Tip: Parking lot shared with restaurant and other Marriott Courtyard...very busy in the evening
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the lady bugs in your room. We have had the hotel sprayed since your stay. Unfortunately, they have just hatched, and most of south Texas is overrun with them. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in San Antonio!