“superb stay!”

Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #88 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Booked two rooms, one was a 2 bedroom condo and the other was a standard 2 queen bedroom....they were assigned across each other, so it was very convenient for us ( 4 adults and 2 kids). The place has its own huge playground for the kids to play at... and the cabana and the pool was just delightful. It also has a jacuzzi pool situated at a different area from the main pool which i thought was just lovely. The rooms were nice and the staff was amazing! They attended to our needs so quickly from making the jacuzzi run to changing the sheets to getting some ice, were all attended to with very good service! From check in to check out, we had a lovely time at the hotel! will definitely stay again...especially for summer where the kids can play and swim..i don't even have to look for recreational places around...they already provide it for you! and the best part, you could grill right outside your room! lovely!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 22, 2010

My husband and I travel quite a bit for sports activities and we stay at hotels that are rated 2 stars up to 4-5 stars. I was extremely impressed with the size and comfort of the rooms for the price and the staff was just awesome. I noticed a little dust but nothing like I have in my own home; and I only have to clean a couple of rooms. I will definitely stay here again if I ever need too; and would recommend it to any of my friends or baseball moms during tournament season.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2010

When I checked in I was given a handicap room, but I am not disabled. I have no idea why they gave this to me. I hate handicap rooms because the shower is awkward and the water leaks everywhere. As soon as I saw it I asked for a different room and I got one. My room was fine, it was very dusty and dirty. There was dust all over the tv, phone, counters, etc. The place needs a major upgrade. The pictures from the website are a bit deceiving. My room looked like something out of 1972. The second day of my stay the water was ice cold. Apparently the pipes froze overnight and they couldn't get the hot water back on. I waited until noon to take a shower and the water was still freezing. I guess nothing could be done about that.
The breakfast was standard. I didn't use the pool (too cold) but it looked great. The common area had a lodge feel to it and was comfy.
The staff was great- so friendly. Anytime I needed something they were there. The bath towels were great, too. Very luxurious. Not at all what I would expect based on the look of the room.
This hotel looks like a great place for families during peak, warm, summer months as the outside area is very nice with a porch, adirondack chairs, and the pool/hot tub. I would only return to this hotel if and when they finish their renovation, it was just dirty, but it seemed that is was acquired dirt, like no one had been there in awhile. The road it is on is under construction, too, so it was rough getting there.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2010

The room Airconditioner had two modes... Hot or Cold

Thermostat would not contol temp at comfortable level- It was either too hot or too cold,

Made no difference if you tried to turn heat down. It kept blowing hot air.

Other than that, it was a nice place to stay, clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Should have been clued in that the 2 nude bars within a block were a bad omen. Looby looked fine and a pretty pool (in the dark) - and that was about all I can say positive. Rooms were FILTHY, and I mean FILTHY DISGUSTING! Room #1 - mattress box springs looked liked someone either bled all over them or crapped the bed. Ceiling fans have not been dusted in at least 2-3 years. Carpets were old with stain spots everywhere. Cheap tubs and sinks with cigerette burns. I would have rather slept in a tent in the parking lot.

Room #2 (after I complained) - seemed better after room #1 and I inspected it. So I move the family to this room and we start to settle in. Fans were very dirty, but maybe only 1 year build-up (I'm not exaggerating on this folks). So I pull back the sheets and there are fresh stains all over one queen bed's sheets. I picked up a pillow and a freaking insect about 1 inch long scurring into the pillow. It was now 1:30am abd we were beat - so we just threw the pillow to the side and slept on top of the comforters.

I looked at a 3rd room, but is was no different. Rooms #2 and #3 were recently "renovated." All beds must have been purchased at a flea market.

After 20 years of traveling, this has to go down as one of the worst (if not the worst).

Reviewed January 2, 2010

We were gladly surprised to find a cozy place to stay in the cold weather of December. We traveled from the center of Mexico to San Antonio, so our daughters could have a glimpse of the American culture, and this hotel with the ranch style looking was the best choice.
The personnel were all extremely kind and the location was perfect. My daughters were very pleased.
There was one thing only: the hotel is engaging in environmental actions. We asked for not washing towels as a way to saving water and energy. But both the tap and the refrigerator had leaks. The tap's we could fix by using extreme force to tight it, but every time we came back it was leaking again. What we contributed to saving energy on one hand was wasted on the other. My only suggestion to the hotel is to train staff and workers to be sensitive about this issue. There is a lot to do in the whole country about saving energy, and contributing from below to change the US policy on the present weather change is absolutely necessary.
We appreciate your preoccupation with the environment but we notice it is something not many talk about in your reviews. But if you engage in more effective actions and advertise them as a way of attracting the attention of future consumers, you can contribute to educating many people.
Our suggestions: A clear way of separating residues, messages and signs inviting customers to engage in improving behaviors of saving (we saw a lot of waste at the breakfast area), reminders to turn off heat and air conditioner when not in the room, etc.
I would like to think on a real Green Hotel in the future, that could be, as a consequence, cheaper than the rest.

Reviewed December 18, 2009

We needed to house 6 people and have room for everyone to move around. We were able to have people visit and it was as if we were in a small apartment. The unit we were in needed to have the carpet replaced but it was tolorable. Service from the staff was quick and courteous. Great play area for kids and pool area looks nice. Location is good with shopping and dining close by.