“Awesome room”

Ranked #82 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome room”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

While a bit aprehensive due to other ratings I prepaid my hotel stay and saved over $300 from the hotel that I had originally booked on the river walk and ended up with a far better room. The condo was awesome with enough space for all of us and the swimming pool and spa tubs were used frequently. In the more secluded spas, there is an issue with leaves and plant material in the water, but what do you expect when you are surrounded by trees. There is definitely an issue with the floors. I don't know how much is because they don't wash them properly because I think they might wax the wood floors and when it is hot and humid it gets sticky but they were definitely sticky. The cleaners were pretty inconsistent making some beds and not others and doing the garbage one day and not the next, but I don't change my sheets and do my garbage every day at home so that wasn't a big deal to me. I experienced the same inconsistency in fancy hotels.

Breakfast was simple cereals and breads for toasting but it was good and perfect for us. Rose was awesome and always willing to give directions and suggestions. Courtney was a sweetie too.

There is a huge construction project going on right in front of the hotel drive way which makes getting in and out a little awkward but the inconvenience was minimal.

All in all, this was the perfect hotel for the family and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dallas/Ft.Worth
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Very busy when arrived but staff had all the guest reservations ready and took care of each guest in a great timely fashion! The construction on 410 and service road is terrible. Great location though(when construction is over) to get to Alamo, Riverwalk, and the great shops and resturants in Down Town San Antonio!!!!!My favorite part of the whole stay believe it or not was the complimentary breakfast we ate that weekend. The Reason was i meet Rose. She had everything prepared perfect. Yogurt, cereal, great juices, milk, BAGELS, toast, and even cut me and my wife some fresh fruit...BIG BOWL!!!!the next morning though there was not enough room in the lobby to sit and eat, Rose opened the confrence area, turned on the TV and let us sit back there and eat in a quit atmosphere...even making more fresh fruit for us without us asking. It was real personal and made us feel welcome!!!!! I will return to the Suites again when construction is over cause felt really welcome there!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
allentown,PA
Reviewed October 11, 2009

first and foremost we where not compensated appropriatly we were told we would get half of our money back for less than enjoyable stay our bill was $315 we just recieved a refund for $68.30 they said it would take 4-5 business days, that was last month the documentation was sent twice then your fax machine was turned off and not to mention some womens lipstick all over the glasses in the kitchen, not cool, and as for the roaches there where at least 5 of them i can vouche for that each one capable of carrying off a small child i am currently training at ft sam houston and our barracks are much more accomidating and theres 90 of us in a room so by all means who ever goes to this hotel enjoy your stay bring insect repellent your own cups and might as well go to the bathroom outback thank you for this stimulating experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel once was for the graduation of our son at lackland AFB and this last time was for the graduation of our daughter also from the airforce at lackland. The hotel staff could not be more helpful or freindly the room was spacious with a kitchen and sitting room and great for the price. We would recomend it to anyone looking for a freindly family orientated inexspensive hotel.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 6, 2009

What can I say, 2 Bed 2 Bath Condo unit had everything and then some.

We did not need anything. About an hour after checking in we got a call from the front desk asking if everything was satisfactory and if we needed anything. The staff was extremely pleasant.

I read some reviews prior to going on the trip and heard about "Rose". I was a little doubtful that someone could be this good, but I was wrong. Rose was an awesome staff member who went out of her way to make you feel like you were at home with family.

There was a lot of Construction on the 410 Loop, but this is a state problem not the Hotels and frankly once we were in our room we could not even hear the construction. It was peaceful. Wonderful Pool/Cabana area and the Jacuzzi's were nice as well.

If we are ever back in San Antonio - we would gladly go back to this Hotel. Great job by the cleaning staff.

My one and only complaint was when I needed to check out at 6:00 a.m. I had to wait at the counter for about 7 minutes. I called out for help several times, then finally used my cell to call the hotel and once the phone rang the Front Desk Clerk came out from a back room to answer the call with a Cell Phone to his ear.

Outside of this - What a wonderful place to be. Thanks Hill Country!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Allentown, pa
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Let me first start by telling you myself and a girl friend of mine went to this hotel to visit my fiance who is in the army national guard and is doing his AIT at fort sam huston. We are from Pa and this was my 2nd time to San Antonio. The first time I did not stay at hill country this time i did. we were there 3 nights and 4 days. In this time we had to change rooms 3 times. once was because the toilet over flooded and we ahd an inch of water on the floor. the second time was because we ahd about 6 four inch at least roaches or as their staff likes to call them "water bugs" in our room. The guy at the front desk handed ME a can of Raid and told me to kill them! Seriously? this is not my job! so then they moved me again. the third room i was in for one night. it was ok at best. bathroom is extremely small in all rooms, carpet is dirty, place is old feeling and smelly. at best i would give this hotel a 1 but even that is pushing it. also when i came home from this trip i was extremely sick (not blaming hotel for this) but anyway i did go to the er there they informed me i had BED BUG BITES on my legs and arms!!!n So did the other girl I was with, we had thought they were mosquito bug bites but they werent. i am in the process of trying to get my money back their GM Blaine is not helpful at all i am contacting an attorny general and the BBB this place was a mess and i will never ever ever stay here again!!!! i wouldnt recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! it was the worst i have ever stayed at

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
GMHCI, General Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
In response to the comments made by this guest, I feel it necessary to provide further clarification explaining the situation and the follow up that was completed. Unfortunately the claims involving the overflowed toilet and finding an insect in this guests room are valid and the guest was compensated appropriately for her inconvenience. However, we pride ourself on providing exemplary service, and I find it extremely difficult to believe that one of my Guest Services Agent would ever give a guest a can of Raid as a solution to a problem. Our tenured Front Desk team is trained thoroughly on the correct way to handle guest concerns or complaints, and for this reason an allegation of this sort is completely unfounded in my opinion.

Also, it is important to note that the claim of bed bugs on our property is completely false. After departing, this guest was contacted multiple times to provide proper documentation supporting her claim, and documentation was never provided. Furthermore, a third party was contracted to come in and investigate the claim of bed bugs on site. There were no bed bugs found in any of the 3 rooms this guest stayed in while on property, and this information was communicated to the guest in question.
RGV, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2009

HCI&S Was a perfect fit for our family. We traveled with two little ones (2 year old and 2 month old). The play area was muddy - it had just rained - but ideal for my 2 year old. There was plenty of room for him to run around inside the condo and on the porch. He was able to play outside and still be safe on the porch...unlike any typical hotel.

The service was amazing. The staff is very accommadating and genuine. We appreciated their thoughtfulness.

It has a great location...right of off 410, however, there is construction going on right now...not their fault.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family