“Cute Little Place”

Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #92 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 2, 2008

This hotel was a pleaseant surprise to me and my family. It is cute and friendly and yes, while off the beaten path a bit, the neighborhood isnt really as bad as others say. We stayed in a regular suite, but I learned while we were there that they have condo units as well. Something we may look into when we go back next year. The standard rooms are adequate for the price you pay. The pool and childrens playground are great. The pool is huge and you can BBQ right there by the pool. They have a huge cabana area that is great for the family BBQ. All in all we had a great stay and will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kprecious

Reviewed May 1, 2008

Very satisfied. My son and I bowled in the Texas State Bowling Championships April 26th and 27th. I had the responsiblity of picking out the place to stay. I did some do diligence over the internet and finally picked the Hill Country Inn & Suites as the place to stay due to its location, price and reviews. We were not dissapointed. Nice clean place, rooms were comfortable and the employees made you feel right at home. The continental breakfast in the moring was very good. Looked like a great place for a family with kids to stay with its sanded play area and swiming pool.
I must not be the only one who thinks they are above average, the place appeared to be packed with customers.

Thanks Hill Country Inn & Suites, you left a good enough
impression on us to get our business again.

GB
Carrizo Springs, Texas

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank garybart78834
Reviewed April 25, 2008

This trip was the second stay that we had at Hill Country Inn and Suites, and it was just as nice as I remember. We had family with us from overseas, and occupied a total of three rooms, which we were lucky enough to have all together. Everyone enjoyed the facilities, especially the playground and pool, and the "happy hour" was a nice touch, especially for the kids.

On our first visit, we met up with friends staying there at the same time, and were able to utilize the outdoor grills and tables.

The scariest thing I saw on the grounds was a raccoon!

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Cheap motel dressed up fancy. The guys in the front desk where very racists. If you were black then you were welcome. It was kinda in a bad neighborhood. Oh well I dont suggest this place.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Stayed here on our honeymoon. I'm generally easy on hotels and am an understanding person, but this just was too much.

1. I called to confirm our first reservation, good thing, too because they had lost it.

2. When we arrived, they had both of our reservations (we had to split it into two reservations of two nights because they were booked the night in between), but they only had us under 1 night for both reservations. Luckily, my husband had his laptop and we pulled up the CONFIRMATION EMAILS and they were forced to give us all the nights we were supposed to have.

3. We arrive from our day out and about and our key didn't work. We had to go in and have it re-programmed. While this isn't serious, it is bothersome.

4. They messed up the rates. We again, had to consult the confirmation emails they had sent me to have it corrected.

5. We get home, they had charged us a random $112. We called and discovered they hadn't lost our first reservation, they had put it under the wrong name, so our credit card was charged. We finally got this resolved and they put the money back in the bank.

6. Two weeks later, another random $80 charge was placed on our card FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER WE HAD LEFT!!! We called them asking why they are randomly charging our credit card, which is fraudulence. It has now been a week and a half and the money has NOT been refunded. We are now pursuing it through our bank and they will now be flagged on our account.

I wish that I could say good things about this hotel. The property was kept up very well. The rooms were decent, they were cleaned properly and had a good pool and spas, but unfortunately, these problems are too serious to ignore.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Our family (me, hubby, and 4 kids 14, 11, 9 & 5) stayed here for 4 nights (Sunday thru Thurs) during our Spring Break trip to SA. It's rather difficult to find accomadations for all 6 of us without booking 2 rooms, so, when I found the Hill Country Inn & Suites (also called the Salado Creek Villas, part of Shell Hospitality) I was thrilled. You can definitely tell that the rooms are recently remodeled.

We stayed in unit #149 @ $161.50/night. The suites are beautiful: granite countertops, stainless appliances, wood floors, flat screen TVs, roman blinds, etc. One of my favorite surprises that I didn't find listed elsewhere is the safe inside the master closet. Your standard punch-code electric, always a plus.

Hubby and I took the king in the master room, 2 boys stayed in the twin beds in the second room, and 2 girls slept on the pull out sofabed. The king wasn't super firm, but was tolerable (this coming from 2 people with bad backs). The floor under the master tub seemed to shift a little, but nothing major.

The kitchen was completely stocked with dishes, glasses, silverware, a coffee maker, toaster, blender, pots, pans, etc. We didn't eat in much, but could have easily with the wonderful kitchen.

The kids enjoyed the playground and the swimming pool. We were away during happy hour (Tues-Thurs from 5?-7?) so didn't get to enjoy the adult beverages. The breakfast was so-so, packaged muffins, bagels, cereal, milk, juice, coffee. Most mornings it was so crowded that we just ate in our suite.

Another small downside: the only internet available is wireless, and you pretty much have to be sitting in the lobby to get a signal.

The room was cleaned once during our stay, but we don't really mind picking up after ourselves much. Also, we have so many people that we're used to asking for extra towels, which were always brought promptly.

As for the surroundings, yes, there is a men's club and a tattoo parlor fairly close, but, at least from driving by them, they didn't appear too seedy. The security is very good. I saw both employees patroling on foot and in golf carts, and police officers patroling in cars and on foot. We all always felt very safe.

As for distances:
to Natural Bridge Caverns/Wildlife Park - 20 mins
to The Alamo/Riverwalk - 15 mins
to Seaworld - 25-30 min (depending on traffic)

Overall we had a wonderful time and would definitely recommend the suites and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank momalisa76
Reviewed March 26, 2008

My son and I decided to take a small road Texas road trip to San Antonio. When we drove up, we just fell in love the rustic signature Texas stars on the property.
The lobby was nice and classy. The guests ahead of me who were checking in had a complex problem but the front desk staff were so understanding for the family. It was nice to see how willing the staff were to put the family at ease. Even though it was the family's mistake, the staff never lead onto to the fact. They simpy fixed it for them! Very nice!
The living room with the extra T.V. was not expected but much welcomed. My son wanted to stay in the room or play outside instead of our trips to Downtown San Antonio. It was that fun. We will be back!
Water pressure was amazing. One of the best showers ever!
Breakfast was not hot but "Sara Lee" bagged breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family