“family friendly”

Ranked #84 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Grapevine,
“family friendly”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

this was a great place for us to stay with another family. we had two small boys with us. it was nice that each family got their own room and bathroom in this suite. we wish we had more days to stay and enjoy the kitchen we had with lots of upgrades. the living room was a nice touch especially for the kids to be able to watch a dvd. the porch was cute, though our unit only had one rocking chair not the chairs (plural) that we had been expecting. the bathrooms were very nicely upgraded especially the master, EXCEPT that there was dust on the doors and mildew in the jets in the whirlpool bath. it was clean at the bottom but obviously no one had taken the time to clean out the jets at all so my son could not get bath in there because it was gross. the bed was nice but not very comfortable, the bed and headboard creaked every time we rolled over on the bed. the sheets were scratchy but smelled clean . we would like to go back next time because we still loved the vibe of the place especially the front desk people who were so kind and super friendly. there are cons to this place but it isnt home its just a place to stay in san antonio and i think it is well worth the money for such a family friendly place.

Room Tip: get the two bed room two bath suite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Anderson, Tx
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friend & I stayed here while in town for Dave Ramsey's Seminar. Got a great deal. Clean & beautiful interior. My only complaint was couldn't get wifi to work.

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Very nice, family friendly My kids loved the room and loved the pool play area. We will comeback.

• Stayed June 2012
sanantonio
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Everytime I stay here I enjoy it!!!freindly staff.. Good place for family and kids!!! lots of tree's!! 10 min from downtown.. east to get to where you want to go...

Room Tip: stay by the pool
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
South Jordan, Utah, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2012

When you spend as much time on the road as I do (over 200 nights last year) all the cities start to blur into one. I often try to engage the front desk people in a little friendly banter just to break the monotony, but they usually just look at me with that same bored "we have to be here" expression on their faces.

Not so with the folks at Hill Country Inn - San Antonio. I was on the tail end of a 6 week road trip, so I had really about had it with being away from home. The ladies at the front desk were so cheerful! They seemed genuinely happy to see me. Especially Denise. I made some lame joke, and she picked up the ball right away. We spent several minutes going back and forth, all in good fun, yet completely professional. It was really nice to be greeted by, and treated as a real human being who was capable of a genuine smile and a heartfelt conversation!

Later, when my wife arrived (we came in from opposite directions) she was every bit as cheerful and genuine as she had been with me. We were in San Antonio for my daughter's graduation from Combat Medic training at Fort Sam. When Denise and the other ladies learned of the reason for our visit they warmly congratulated us, and thanked us for our daughter's service, which was very heartwarming.

We were here for 3 nights, and my wife mentioned that we'll have to remember this place if we ever come this way again!

The rooms themselves are cozy, quaint, and comfortable. The horizontal tongue-and-groove cedar paneling gives you the feeling of being in a cabin rather than a motel room. The sitting area was a very nice bonus, as were the microwave and fridge. Nice property, GREAT experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul F
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Their hot tubs look very old and don't appear to be very well maintained. That could be fixed just by draining and getting them re-painted. Their pool looked decent. The place looks like a bunch of old efficiency apartments. The lobby looks nice, the rooms not so much. It might be cheapest for them in they just tear down the entire sert up and start new. The rustic appearance in the photos are luring, but these rooms are just ran down and old. The original construction was cheaply done. Plane wood boards everywhere, including the bathroom where you can see little black spots of mold growing. The toilet was so loud you better hope nobody has to use it at night. The bathtub was oxidized and so dirty looking I would only use it for a shower with sandals on. The beds were Fred Flintstone style. (Very hard) To top it off they used some sort of scented room freshener. They used way too much it. I am very sensitive to perfumes and fragrances (Allergies). I was unable to sleep in this room because they used so much. It was overwhelming for the people I was traveling with too. I booked two night I only stayed one before moving to the Best Western Riverwalk. Their "breakfast buffet" consisted of dry cereal and juice. Their customer service was great, but that was the only great thing about the place.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This was only a mediocre hotel. Good things: fast check in & out, friendly staff, big rooms with two tvs, big nice pool and cabana area with free evening drinks, great kid pool area and playground too. We also had a broken ac unit in our room which the maintenance guy fixed very nicely with a new unit in less than a half hour when we called. They did offer another room but we just let him fix it instead to be more convenient for everyone. Bad: obviously the broken ac wasn't good, the bathroom did smell funny, the towels and sheets were very rough, the beds were the worst we've slept on, and the way it is located on the highway at an exit is inconvenient, and location of ice machine is not convenient. Overall I've been to worse, but I would not go back there despite the nice service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family