“Older HI express is just fine”

Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport
Ranked #121 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Older HI express is just fine”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Most HI expresses are near new - this one does not give as good a first impression as it is not new. But, our room was probably redone and was "brand new" in appearance. The breakfast area was well kept. Check in was smooth with very pleasant people behind the desk (7:00 pm, 3/30). Our room, next to the elevators, was very quiet. Very good value for the money.

1 Thank C_J_CCTx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2012

First we were put on the 9th floor - it REAKED of SMOKE, like an ancient bar. Then we were moved to the 2nd floor which is a basement level, but with a window. No smoke smell, but a little musty. Quiet, UNTIL 5:45 AM an incredibly LOUD noise from a laundry facility next to the room woke us up. It sounded like a dozen washers staring at once.

Breakfast was disgusting. The eating area was dirty and everything was sticky. The eggs were inedible. It is hard to make the convenient breakfast bad, but this hotel did!

The staff was rude and did not want to interact with guests. (our only contact was check in and asking to be moved to a non-smoking room). We will never stay at a Holiday Inn Express again, unless it is the only hotel available and we are desperate.

Room Tip: AVOID THIS HOTEL! The Sheraton Four Seasons that was a half block away looked really nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
kidztrvl2,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Cheyenne, WY
Reviewed March 13, 2012

You get what you pay for staying here---decent breakfast, clean room, but sleazy and low-life people are at breakfast with you, riding the elevator with you, etc. Toilets are very explosive and loud.

Room Tip: Stay here if you're a sleazy, low-lifer.....you'll fit right in
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear rhp6906,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and the service was exceptional. The breakfast was reasonable, the internet was good, and the health center was acceptable. The closet was small. Even for a quick 4 day business trip, I had a hard time fitting my stuff in there.
The health center had 2 new treadmills, a bike, a step machine, and a large flat screen TV. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the health center, the only thing that turned me off were the 2 walls that were completely windows.

They have a gated lot and parking garage which was convenient for the guests.

The only other thing that bothered me was the noise of the adjacent highway, otherwise it was a great stay!

I recommend signing up for a Priority Club Membership. When I arrived with my membership I received a complimentary bottle of water. There was also a complimentary happy hour for members during the week.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms. The 2nd floor is the entrance from the garage to the building, a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UHcougarBdaygirl
Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I work at a Holiday Inn Express in Florida, and my hotel is consistently in the top 30 of the 1800+ locations. I have high expectations from Holiday Inn Express, and let me say, this hotel delivers! My wife and I made the 1250 mile road trip to San Antonio with our daughter and two of our sons to attend our eldest son's graduation from Air Force Basic Training at Lackland AFB. We were greeted upon our arrival by Christina and Sabrina at the front desk. They were warm and friendly and efficient, and quickly set us up with our rooms and keys, briefed us on the availability of fabulous extras, like their shuttle service, complementary breakfast, The Priority Club Reception (Mondays thru Thursdays, offers complimentary beverages and snacks from 5:30-7:00pm in a casual reception area). I opted for a few beers to wind down after a grueling experience driving the family through flash flood and tornado conditions with nearly zero visibility in the Houston area en route to San Antonio.
On the second night of our stay, we met Aaron, the manager on duty during the reception event. We enjoyed pleasant conversation, during which Aaron recommended a few local sightseeing opportunities. When I mentioned that I work at a Holiday Inn Express back home, he was very interested in my evaluation of our stay here, and asked that I note any possible room for improvement in any aspect of our experience here. Well, all I can say is, I'm going home with a suggestion or two. The Priority Club Reception is something that I would love to see at our location. I also love that they prioritize making an effort to protect the environment conserving water through the Conserving For Tommorrow program.
When the room adjoining ours became available, we requested that we move our kids from the other room next door to the adjoing room. Lisa at the front desk was also a pleasure to deal with as she orchestrated this move.
Overall, the entire family thoroughtly enjoyed our experience here. Great Job everyone!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gray000
Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My mother suggested this hotel because of its location to the airport. It is very close to the airport and there is a free airport shuttle (make sure to call the hotel at the free hotel phone inside the airport near the shuttle pick-up). After arriving after a long cross-country flight it was nice to not have to worry about how to get to the hotel. Even though we arrived close to midnight, there was someone at the front desk and she was cheerful and very efficient with our check-in. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The hot breakfast was fabulous with lots to choose from and a good variety in the 'hot' breakfast day to day, so you weren't always eating the same boring meal. The kitchen area would get quite busy, but we never had any problems finding a table to sit at. The kitchen/breakfast staff were very good at clearing tables and replacing food as it was finished. Keep in mind this hotel is near the airport and just off the freeway, so not a lot to see and do nearby. I have been told there is a shuttle to a nearby shopping area and that it is simple to take the bus (no transferring necessary) to downtown although I never tried since we had family meeting us that had a car.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PolepoleGirl
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Great Hotel for the price! Rooms are clean and comfortable. Front desk is very helpful and happy to accommodate. Hot breakfast with better than average items to choose from and included in the room rate.

Room Tip: Request a room NOT facing the Highway side. I stayed on the 5th floor in Rm 521...very comfortable...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family