“Great choice, quiet, comfortable, and very close to the airport”

Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport
Ranked #115 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Monterrey, Mexico
“Great choice, quiet, comfortable, and very close to the airport”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This hotel is very close to the airport and to good restaurants and stores north of San Antonio. If you have to catch up an early flight, this is a great place to spend the night. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, bathroom clean, water pressure good, and it is quiet. I did not hear people in the hallway or noise from other rooms at all.
I got here with my family at around 10 pm. Since my stay was paid in advanced, it only took less than a couple of minutes to register and get the keys. I showed my driver's license and got my room key and the free parking lot entrance code. I was lucky to find a parking spot close to the entrance, which was three rooms from my room.
We had a great night sleep, the room temperature was perfect, we didn't need to adjust the ac thermostat. Children woke up around 8 am and we headed for the breakfast area. They serve scrambled eggs (powder?), good sausages, muffins, toast, bagels, yoghurt, fruit, cereal, and my kids loved the pancakes machine. They just pressed a button and got their hot pancake made in a couple of minutes. It was no ordinary breakfast for the kids.
Since we were not in a hurry, my children watched some TV - flat screen, good image and sound (I mention this because I read a review complaining about the quality of TV). I cared less about the TV, I was connected to the free WiFi internet. It was fast and got great signal strength in my room.
I have to mention that my room was at ground level, facing the 410 Loop, and I didn't hear any noise from the street (highway). I am sure there must be rooms with better view than mine, but I never chose that hotel for the view.
Anyway, my wife and children headed for the pool while I was still working on my computer. When I got there, they were having their best time. The swimming pool water was crystal clear. I barely was able to smell the chemicals they put in the water. It almost felt as if we were swimming in bottled water. The temperature was magnificent, not a degree colder not a degree warmer. You have to know it is not an indoor pool, and I do not think this pool has a heater, it was just luck that we all agreed the water temperature was fantastic that morning.
After the pool I headed for the gym. They have four different of treadmills (one is an elliptical), and a TV to watch the news or your favorite show while you're exercising. And they have a fridge with complimentary bottles of water for the users. Good call!
Check out time is at noon.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who has businesses to attend at the north area of San Antonio, or anyone who has to catch a flight next morning at the airport. There are some good restaurants nearby, like The Old San Francisco Steak House, just 3 minutes away from the hotel (1.5 miles away).
If you plan to go visit the Alamo, Riverwalk, and other downtown areas, then take into account that this hotel is about 10 miles from downtown. Downtown hotels charge $15 or more for parking daily, unless you select one of the hotels on W Durango Blvd.
I hope this review is helpful for you.
Happy trails!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank anmegk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I check in 2:00 am in the morning, night auditor was so nice. Manager and all other staff was also very helpful and friendly. Well maintained property. Good Job.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2011

As a frequent traveler to SA, TX. I enjoyed the 1st time stay at this HI Express location. I chose this location as opposed to a preferred downtown Holiday Inn location due to this hotel's lower rate, free parking and hot breakfast.

Check in was brisk and I the room type reserved was correct. I even received complimentary bottled of cold water and snacks at check in, a nice touch after a long drive into town. Reception staff were courteous and friendly.

The king executive room was VERY large. Room was also very clean. Although it had slightly dated furniture and sofa, the bathroom was newly updated with granite counter tops and new tile throughout. Bedding was new / clean, and king bed was comfy.

The hotel is near the airport and we had a room that faced the interstate highway, and our room was very quiet. Access to the expressway and all areas of town was very easy from hotel and it was just minutes to downtown.

We utilized the exercise room and all equipment was new, working, and professional grade.

Only downside was that there was a long line for free breakfast buffet, but it was worth the wait. Hot breakfast was typical Holiday Inn express fare, and had no reason to complain about quality.

I would definately choose this location again for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
san antonio texas
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and I have never had a problem with it. It is nicely kept, nice pool, adequate workout area, and rooms are up to par with their 2.5 star rating. The price is very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area, and with the same rating. Staff is very nice and accommodating. Hot breakfast is available - including pancakes, eggs, biscuit and gravy, bacon, etc. Cold cereal and pastries are also available. Would definitely recommend and would go back myself. Close to many restaurants: Applebee's, Jason's Deli, Cheesecake Factory, TGIFriday's, etc. Close to the airport, a major shopping mall, and Walmart. Very safe area of San Antonio.

Room Tip: Great place to stay.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed March 10, 2011

My wife and I spent one night so that we could catch an early morning flight. The room was good, the breakfast was good - but the TV channels were a bit fuzzy in our room. We booked via Priceline for a very low price - $ 40. The desk staff were very helpful. Well worth it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed there one night for the San Antonio Spurs game and also visiting the city. The hotel is very close to the airport. Free Parking. Free WIFI. Free continental breakfast. The Hotel Staff was very friendly and efficient. Check in was quick. Quiet location. Clean room. Comfortable beds. For the moment, I just can't think of anything bad about this hotel. Great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed February 2, 2011

++ Nice location for someone waiting for a flight, close to the airport
++ Free shuttle to the airport, <5min ride.

++ Free wifi, free breakfast.

Nice room but:
-- No fridge (San Antonio can be hot)
-- The "desk" was unconfortable (narrow and chair too low)
-- no bottle of water at checkin, too bad for an airport hotel where people arrive from long trips...
-- Noisy, I was disturbed not by the planes, but the night trains..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business