“pleasant afternoon”

Ranked #10 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A huge Mediterranean-style mansion that houses over 10,000 paintings, sculptures and prints.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable afternoon, at this museum, a few weeks ago. A tremendous art collection. I highly recommend exciting display.

1  Thank Louis S

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We popped into this museum to take a break from the oppressive heat and humidity. We lucked into Family Day, so we didn't even have to pay ($15 per person). The buildings and grounds are lovely. The regular exhibits were interesting and full of enough big names to keep us interested even though we don't know much about art. We also lucked into a Matisse and Picasso exhibit. This was a lovely way to spend a hot day.

2  Thank John S
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Such a beautiful museum. Saw the Matisse and Picasso exhibit. Very interesting. Worth seeing. Their regular exhibit is wonderful as well.

1  Thank Vanessa G
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The security guard asked us to pay $20 dollars to take family pictures on the property. It was just family members me had a simple point and shoot camera. I felt I was rob and will not visit again. I can see the need for professional photographers to pay a fee but not visiting families.

3  Thank Henry C
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am not a modern art enthusiast but the grounds/house are worth the trip in and of themselves and there were enough objects (paintings, etc) of art that I did like that I am happy I went to this museum. Someone who likes modern art would be very pleased.

2  Thank SuziQinTexas