“This Super 8 is a great value with helpful, friendly staff.”

Super 8 San Antonio/I-35 North
Ranked #191 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
texas
“This Super 8 is a great value with helpful, friendly staff.”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

We stayed at this Super 8 on Wednesday, February 25. The establishment was clean and neat. The room was small but very adequate. The desk clerk and manager were very helpful when we need a referral for dinner. They located a special restaurant in the city and look up the phone number for us. They gave us directions to the restaurant. When we returned they asked us if we enjoyed our meal. Breakfast included cereals, waffles, donuts, juice and coffee and tea. The eating area was exceptionally clean and well organized.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I chose to stay at this hotel because I know they had done some recent renovating andI had the most horrible stay at this super 8!!!!! The front desk was rude and had no knowledge of anything, the room was musty smelling and didn't look like it had been remodeled at all, the location was bittersweet...good access to highway, but noisy as well, the towels were dark and dingy, and the area of town is kind of scary. If you have children I would not recommend. And if you care about where you stay and don't want bugs in your room, or want a nice clean smelling room, don't stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Eugene, OR
Reviewed August 9, 2008

This motel is a great place to stay with excellant customer service by the managers at the hotel. They are now a Super 8 motel and have many amenities to offer to tell you honestly. They offer free wireless internet, free continental breakfast and they truly do care about their customers. Great place to stay..

• Liked — EVRYTHING
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed May 7, 2006

We were in San Antonio for the weekend and due to a fiesta, everything close to Downtown was booked. We found this place through a highly rated web site. The person who took our booking said that all the rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, so we cancelled another booking we made thinking that a huge room as they described would be enough for our group of four people.
We went there to find that the room was very small and the mini-fridge and microwave were near the reception. There was nothing of that sort in the room! The rooms were not clean and some of the furniture was broken. To add to this.. the bathrooms were terrible! Since one room was to small we were compelled to get another. I'm sure the bathroom fittings came from dumpster! They were that ugly and broken! I was glad we only had to spend one night at this place! Don't ever go to this place! It's absolutely not worth the price and I would rate a motel 6 much higher than this!

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank Marigold001
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2005

It wasn't until after I booked my room at this hotel that I vaguely remembered seeing a Super 8 review on this site. I immediately came back to this site and when I saw that my reservations were at this "roach motel" I felt like a complete idiot. I tried to be positive and hoped that after 2 years changes would have occurred...WRONG!

As soon as me and my sister pulled up in our taxi, we both looked at each other and groaned. I was supposed to stay at this motel from 9/3-9/7 but there was NO WAY I'd subject myself or my sister to this kind of place for 4 nights! You know it's bad when you haven't even seen your room and want to high-tail it out of the motel!

THE LOBBY-looked dingy and reeked of a pine cleaner, but not in a good way. It was obvious that someone had used the “pine” to clean but all it did was blend in with a weird funk. In order to avoid being penalized (since I booked online), we had to stay 1 night and it was a rough night!

THE ROOM- smelled funny, and like the lobby was dingy. Although the beds were made, there was no way me and my sister were getting under those covers but we pulled them back to take a look. While there were no roaches, the sheets were not clean. We ended up sleeping on top of the bed spread in our clothes! No way we’d dirty our pj’s!

THE BATHROOM-the tub in the bathroom was dirty! It had mildew and random strands of hair. The floors were icky too! EEW!!!

POOL- first thing you see when you pull up. Let's just say that those online pics don’t show how small it really is. Although the water didn't have debris floating in it, I wouldn't dip a foot in it. If I had a dog I wouldn't even let it swim in that pool!

My sister and I checked out of this motel so fast the next morning. I know this is not a 5 star establishment, but that does not mean that it should be as nasty as it is. The cabbie who picked us up (to take us to a new hotel!) said that he makes sure to tell people to stay away from this Super8, sad but true.

This motel is BAD, it gives Super 8 a bad name. It looks like the type of place that’d charge for its rooms by the hour, if you know what I mean.

Spend your $ elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank 212NYCNY
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2003

I have found the true "Roach Motel". During my brief stay at this place (less then 4 hrs actual room time), I was able to kill several roaches crawling on the walls and in the bathroom area. The last straw was when I turned the bed linens down and found a roach in the bed. When I tried to check out, the front desk clerk was going to charge me for the three days I had made reservations. The manager was not available and to avoid a scene I signed my bill and left. The motel charged me for the one night and refuses to refund the payment. So much for a "Super" motel as their slogan states, that is unless your a roach. Please share my experience and DON't stay at the Super 8 at 11027 I-35.TAC

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member