“Clean, good price, decent location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 San Antonio/I-35 North

Super 8 San Antonio/I-35 North
Ranked #173 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“Clean, good price, decent location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Haven't stayed here in awhile. Liked it before. This time, still kind of liked it, but there were some minor inconveniences. Check in took about 10 minutes and we were the only guests checking in. Lobby was small and clean. Breakfast area was small. Room was a bit cramped, yet well appointed. Bathroom had granite and was very clean, yet the ceiling fan buzzzzed for its life, and the curved shower rod came out of the wall just a bit. Shower pressure and temperature were great! Floors were new looking and REAL wood!! NOT linoleum! That was a nice surprise! King bed was very comfortable. Tv was flatscreen with HBO and Showtime. A/c worked, but was a little noisy, which helped to drown out the traffic noise from I35. Also had an armoir, desk with chair, another chair, 2 nightstands and a micro/fridge. All were functional and clean. The micro/fridge were positioned right beneath the only spot to hang clothes…strange. The coffee pot was wedged in tight with the tv in the armoir…also strange. Window opened, wifi worked fine and didn’t try breakfast. Walls seemed freshly painted. Could hear people talking and children running in the hallways outside the door and above on the next floor up til 10 pm and then again at 8 am. Between those times, slept very peacefully. Realized I had left my cell phone on the bed about 30 minutes after checking out. Called and the clerk checked for me. They held my phone for a couple hours til I came back to pick it up. Thanks for that!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

My stay was for a divorce and the hotel made me feel so comfortable and welcome.
Made me forget why i even came to san antonio.
Hotel is very clean and emloyees are so nice and friendly.
I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family on our next trips out here.
Breakfast could be warm but ihop is next door with a 10% discount using your room key.
The young lady at the front was so sweet and helped me with all my info i needed to get around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Maybe I've been lucky, but I expect a Super 8 hotel to be nicer. My room had a new wood laminate floor, but the bathtub/shower had mold growing between joints and even above the shower head. The furniture too had seen better days. The bed itself was fine.

The Breakfast while I know is never too amazing, was very poorly maintained. When another guest asked the manager to make more coffee, he replied in "you have coffee maker in your room." Many other breakfast foods were gone or not replaced. Being just off I-35 S is about the only benefit to this hotel, as there is not much around it, unless you count a Harley Davidson dealer or a cabaret.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business