San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautifully maintained

I was impressed with how well maintained these historical grounds and buildings were kept. It was... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Wayne2227
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
via mobile
A worthwhile visit

The San Antonio Missions National Park consists of several missions of which we visited two – San... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Marianne M
Longmont, United States

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around San Antonio
from $14.99
More Info
1,697 results
All reviews active churches mission concepcion visitor center spanish missions world heritage site bike trail rent a bike mariachi mass love history south texas great history guided tour the river walk espada alamo aqueduct parishes
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very interesting historic sites. The first two missions (Concepcion and San Jose) were the highlights for me. I think the others can easily be skipped without missing out. One negative from a visitor standpoint is that the churches are closed during services. I was unable to go into two of them (including San Jose) due to this which was a bummer. Check before you go if it's really important. And despite the signage, I'd still bring a map.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful place to visit and learn about the real missions. We visited two and the kids did the junior ranger badges. Each mission took 30 minutes or less. Could be done on different days; this is a free attraction. They are a bit of a drive apart.

This should be your priorty over the Alamo!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Its great to see so much Texas history so well preserved. Really enjoyed going back in time while visiting some of the missions.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I visited the weekend after the 4th of July. We were please to see how well preserved and maintained each site is and delighted to learn that all the churches are still active parishes that celebrate mass. Each mission is very different from the others, so please don't think that if you see one, that you have seen them all. We talked at length over dinner about the differences and similarities of the missions and compared the photos that we had each taken and why we had taken them. We appreciated all of the signs pointing the way to each location. I know I would have gotten very lost if left to just read a map. Drink plenty of fluids and be prepared to walk. If you want to really do the mission trail justice set aside a minimum of 4 hours for this excursion.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We didn't get to do the complete tour, but we did make it to the Alamo and to Mission Concepcion. Both are truly awesome -- it's impossible to adequately describe them, especially in a short space. Suffice it to say, the missions alone are worth a trip to San Antonio. And when the mission walk loop is completed, that will be just fantastic. The mission tour is worthy of being a bucket list item. Definitely go see this!