Ways to Experience La Villita Historic Arts Village
from $53.05
from $55.99
from $109.00
More Info
All reviews local artists copper shop artisan shops stained glass the river walk unique items walk around convention center jewelry galleries riverwalk wares paintings restaurants wax stage church
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We enjoyed wandering through the shops and exploring this small and quaint artsy historic area. There were many artists in attendance in the shops, 'most' of whom were gracious, friendly and welcoming. It's a nice way to wind down if you are looking for something quiet to do. Allow an hour or two to browse around and maybe stop for lunch.

1  Thank Colhills
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed visiting this cute square block area of little bungalows and cottages which have been preserved and transformed into galleries and boutiques. The art co op gallery was nice and abound with over 200 local artists crafts. It had a variety of media represented, including paintings, clay, glass, and jewelry. The Villita Cafe was a great casual place to grab lunch. If you go, the homemade chicken salad was tasty and healthy too. Perfect on a hot summer day in San Antonio. Angelinas was a really impressive boutique for women and had beautiful clothing and Sterling and torquoise Navajo jewelry, belts, and leather purses. In all, we enjoyed a different shopping experience here which was much more unique than the tourist trap shops in Alamo Square.

3  Thank lisaboots
Reviewed July 6, 2013

When you go to San Antonio, the central attraction is definitely the River Walk. However, face the old Theater on the River Walk, is to access to this small historic village La Villita. One day, I had decided to walk by and see what it was about. I was pleasantly surprised. If you are looking for arts and crafts, then this is the place. Local artists have beautiful paintings to sell in the various shops (old houses transformed into beautiful boutiques). I actually was not looking for anything in particular but then, came out with a beautiful painting of the River Walk Theater. In my stop, I also discovered the factory and shop of "Scentchips" which amazed me. I came out of it with candle warmers and their homemade Scentchips, wich I also offered as a gift. I am very glad that I took the time to visit this village and I found unfortunate it lacks the visibility from the River Walk as I believe it is worth a stop.

2  Thank ManonSimard-Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

There's not really anything there. We were expecting some artists, maybe some stuff going on outside, but there is literally nothing there. Even on a Friday afternoon, we were the only people there. Don't waste your time!

1  Thank Jainge
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visited every shop in the village. The buildings have such a wonderful history, but the merchandise in the shops was very pricey and in a couple of the stores, resembled garage sale merchandise. Expected more, I guess.