Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market
$150
$268
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$158
$149
Hotels.com
$1,629
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$209
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewstrinity universitysan antonio airportconvenient locationfree breakfastrestaurants and shoppingclose to downtownair conditionernice place to stayfree shuttlesitting arearooms are spaciouseasy accessfront desk staffyogurtthe river walkfreewaycouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Nice hotel if you need to be close to the aiport. Its a short drive from a nice mall and many local places to eat. If you want to stay IN San Antonio, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. As this is a trek to the riverwalk. But a very clean nice room!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Staff was very helpful. This hotel was formerly an Amerisuites and was converted. It was a comfortable stay for our purpose which was to get a good nights sleep, be close to the airport and leave our car in the parking lot. I found a better rate on Expedia and the hotel took off 20% which made for a great rate. The shuttle doesn't leave until 5am which is cutting it too close for some of the early flights. The shuttle was also out of service upon landing in San Antonio but the cost of leaving the car was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Recently attended a concert at the AT&T Center and have always liked the Hyatt brand. You'll have to stay at least twice in a Hyatt Place to get acclimated to the atmosphere of a Hyatt Place. This one, in particular, gets high ratings. Personable and helpful front desk with a queit and clean room. This one didn't have a refrigerator which I'm accustomed to but we had an ice chest with water to sustain is through the heat of Texas. Far enough away from the amusement parks so we didn't have a million kids running around. Cafe is limited but who wants to eat hotel food anyway? Great room layouts with sitting area separated from bed and a flat screen tv viewable from either space.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2009

This is my second time staying at a Hyatt Place Hotel and the location on Jones Maltsberger Road met and even exceeded my expectations. I stayed for one night in Room #525. The room is spacious and well decorated, as is the entire hotel.

Admittedly, the reception desk and lobby area looked more to me like a restaurant than a hotel lobby, so I mistook the clerk as a restaurant hostess. The facility is located in a business area, so there did not appear to be a security concern (though admittedly the parking are did not have a lot of lighting – the parking lot was full but there could be more light to deter any vehicle break ins). Also, the hotel was off the 281 Freeway which made it convenient for travel.

Even though the Hyatt Place was close to the airport, I did not hear any air traffic at all. I heard a train whistle at 6 p.m. and then again at 8:30 p.m. – otherwise, the hotel area seemed to be quiet. For the business that I had with the City, the location of the hotel was absolutely perfect and it is not near the touristy areas.

Staff at the hotel is very friendly and accommodating. I used the Internet – you will need to enter a username and password through Tengo Internet (call the front desk for the username and password). I had no problems with the Internet.

This particular Hyatt Place has a gallery dining menu that is available 24 hours a day that includes breakfast items, appetizers, salads, soups and chili, sandwiches, pizza and a children’s menu. There is also a Grab N Go case with fresh bakery items and ready-to-go salads, sandwiches, and beverages. In the room, there was a Chicago Pizzeria flyer which advertised fast and free delivery.

I am shocked by the negative reviews about the hotel being outdated and a poor remodel job. Perhaps those are old reviews because as far as I can tell, everything is newly remodeled to me. If I had to nitpick, I would say the carpet near the bathroom door was not secured properly and was starting to fray.

I noted a nice variety of shopping and restaurants in the area to include Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Walmart, TJ Maxx, and Applebee’s and then two minutes north on Jones Maltsberger was a shopping center called Quarry Market and a golf course with restaurant. Next to the hotel is a Chevron Gas Station with Tetco mini mart.

With regard to the hotel price, I could not believe I paid only $65.76 on www.priceline.com. But because of the wonderful room, I would have paid full price. I do feel that the negative reviews from April, 2008, and further back seem to have been addressed, so my review is not merely based on the cheap price I paid. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Everything in my room and in the hotel appeared to be new – I never would have guessed this was a remodeled hotel. If I am every in the area in the future, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2009

The hotel staff was excellent. We stayed for 3 nights and from check in to when we left every employee of this hotel were top notch...
The mini suite with two beds was perfect for our travel needs and the room was clean and the beds were really great. The location was just off the highway and really close to the airport. This hotel is near great stores and wonderful places to eat and handy to downtown San Antonio.
two great things about this hotel : the parking is free......internet is free and printer is free.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family