“Love This Brand”

Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market
Ranked #61 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

6/04/2013 - I stay here often. It is in a perfect location for me. Great shopping and great restaurants nearby. I have used the shuttle service to nearby restaurants. The driver, Isabela (?) has been great. My only concern is that the internet does not always work and the hotel is getting a 'used' look. The staff and location will bring me back. Hotel is always clean and nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Ann T

I would like to offer my apologies for the issue you encountered with our internet feedback like yours has definitely helped us to improve the quality of internet provided by the hotel. On your next visit I am confident you will see the difference. As far as the hotel itself goes we are constantly looking to improve the hotel,over the next couple of months more changes will be put in place to help maintain the hotels vibrant look.

Again thank for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market hotel “real” soon!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here with family for one night in mid-June. The property is exceedingly well located and has everything you could expect from a mid-range airport property. Rooms were clean, moderately fashionable; service was timely and efficient; front desk staff were polite. My niece enjoyed the swimming pool, and the grown-ups enjoyed the large living room area, which we found well suited to drinks and conversation in the evening. Certainly this is not a "destination" hotel, but it had everything one could ask for, and we had no complaints at all. All-in-all, it's a good choice for travel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear PLT981,

I wish to extend a sincere thank you for rating your hotel experience. We truly appreciate the compliments and I am proud of our team for meeting your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with them and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Your basic business hotel close to airport and short drive to downtown. Good value and convenient to the Quarry area with lots of restaurants and shopping. Opt for a room away from the highway on back side of hotel.

Room Tip: Away from highway on back side of hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Bill R.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback on Trip Advisor . I sincerely enjoying reading comments like yours, exceeding our guest expectations and offering purposeful service is what we strive for here at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market.

Whether you are you are here for business or pleasure we realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and we would like to thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed over memorial day weekend (Friday-Sunday). The lobby was nice and clean, however that's where clean ended. The furniture in the rooms was stained and carpets were dirty. The air conditioner was loud and kept the room humid and wet. The bathroom was crowded and the door could not be opened if you were inside. The shower leaked onto the floor, further adding to the moisture in the room. Breakfast was OK, but the service was poor and not enough places to sit. Two mornings we had to stand and eat. Overall, this is the worst place we have stayed in SA.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Spike S.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology for the shortcoming experienced and truly appreciate the feedback.

The Hyatt Place is a very unique brand that set us apart from other more tranditional hotels from our 24 food service to our guest room amenities. Although our brand has many unique features our core feature has always been to offer a clean, comfortable home away from home.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

If there is anything to be said ever about this hotel, anything that i had to sum up in one word, that word would be, Nice.
I stayed here for one night only (in a Jr. Suite) and not for nothing, but the rooms here are very well accommodated. Beds were super comfy, had enough room for 5 people maybe even 6, mini fridge for the late night snack'er, BYOF though. The breakfast bar was very good, more than just biscuits, fruit and yogurt. The Staff was friendly and oh so patient, they should have earned a medal for it. The only issue i had here is that the a/c unit made a lot of noise, i think it had an issue with the compressor, it still worked though. All in all, the stay was alright, a very fair value, would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the west side of the building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vacamu90,

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to give us your comments on Trip Advisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team. Our goal is to provide authentic purposeful service to our guests and when I read comments like yours this tells me we are. I would like to offer my apologies for the issue you encountered with your ac unit with the upcoming summer months upon us making sure these our ac units run to our guest expectation is one of our top priorities.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This location has a security issue that isn't being addressed. We had a break in between 7:45 am(when we put the bag in the car) and 8 am Sunday morning. They broke the window and grabbed the bag.

We asked to speak to a manager and were told he would call us Monday. Not only did he not call but tried to dodge us when we asked to speak to him.

Once we spoke to him he made it very clear that they do nothing about security and it is a big problem. His big offer was to give us directions if we need them.

I won't stay there again and I hope anybody that does can take everything from their car into their room in one trip. I think the parking lot is being watched by thieves unfortunately the hotel doesn't care!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Kevin M

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay and that you left with a negative impression of us.

Security and the safety of our guest is a top priority here at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market.
We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and I’d like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to show you the type of service and product we are proud to deliver.

Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to San Antonio so I may personally handle your arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Large rooms, very clean, quiet. The service is exceptional. The breakfast not so much. We have stayed here several times and will come back again. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Drjfkennedy,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology that breakfast did not meet your expectations. We certainly apprieciate your comments and will use this as an opportunity to help improve our service.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market and look forward to welcoming you again soon.