“Convenient, clean hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bradenton, Florida
“Convenient, clean hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Your basic business hotel close to airport and short drive to downtown. Good value and convenient to the Quarry area with lots of restaurants and shopping. Opt for a room away from the highway on back side of hotel.

Room Tip: Away from highway on back side of hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Bill R.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback on Trip Advisor . I sincerely enjoying reading comments like yours, exceeding our guest expectations and offering purposeful service is what we strive for here at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market.

Whether you are you are here for business or pleasure we realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and we would like to thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back soon.

Chris Arango

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed over memorial day weekend (Friday-Sunday). The lobby was nice and clean, however that's where clean ended. The furniture in the rooms was stained and carpets were dirty. The air conditioner was loud and kept the room humid and wet. The bathroom was crowded and the door could not be opened if you were inside. The shower leaked onto the floor, further adding to the moisture in the room. Breakfast was OK, but the service was poor and not enough places to sit. Two mornings we had to stand and eat. Overall, this is the worst place we have stayed in SA.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Green Features: if the hotel is saving $ on water, then that explains why carpets and furniture were dirty.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Spike S.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology for the shortcoming experienced and truly appreciate the feedback.

The Hyatt Place is a very unique brand that set us apart from other more tranditional hotels from our 24 food service to our guest room amenities. Although our brand has many unique features our core feature has always been to offer a clean, comfortable home away from home.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Laredo, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

If there is anything to be said ever about this hotel, anything that i had to sum up in one word, that word would be, Nice.
I stayed here for one night only (in a Jr. Suite) and not for nothing, but the rooms here are very well accommodated. Beds were super comfy, had enough room for 5 people maybe even 6, mini fridge for the late night snack'er, BYOF though. The breakfast bar was very good, more than just biscuits, fruit and yogurt. The Staff was friendly and oh so patient, they should have earned a medal for it. The only issue i had here is that the a/c unit made a lot of noise, i think it had an issue with the compressor, it still worked though. All in all, the stay was alright, a very fair value, would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the west side of the building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vacamu90,

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to give us your comments on Trip Advisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team. Our goal is to provide authentic purposeful service to our guests and when I read comments like yours this tells me we are. I would like to offer my apologies for the issue you encountered with your ac unit with the upcoming summer months upon us making sure these our ac units run to our guest expectation is one of our top priorities.

Again thank for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market hotel “real” soon!

Warmest regards,
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This location has a security issue that isn't being addressed. We had a break in between 7:45 am(when we put the bag in the car) and 8 am Sunday morning. They broke the window and grabbed the bag.

We asked to speak to a manager and were told he would call us Monday. Not only did he not call but tried to dodge us when we asked to speak to him.

Once we spoke to him he made it very clear that they do nothing about security and it is a big problem. His big offer was to give us directions if we need them.

I won't stay there again and I hope anybody that does can take everything from their car into their room in one trip. I think the parking lot is being watched by thieves unfortunately the hotel doesn't care!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Kevin M

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay and that you left with a negative impression of us.

Security and the safety of our guest is a top priority here at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market.
We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and I’d like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to show you the type of service and product we are proud to deliver.

Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to San Antonio so I may personally handle your arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Kindest Regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Large rooms, very clean, quiet. The service is exceptional. The breakfast not so much. We have stayed here several times and will come back again. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Drjfkennedy,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology that breakfast did not meet your expectations. We certainly apprieciate your comments and will use this as an opportunity to help improve our service.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

St. Petersburg, FL
Reviewed April 23, 2013

For the life of me, I cannot imagine how anyone could say anything less than wonderful about this hotel.

I travel very frequently for work, and I'm used to staying in very high end hotels. Despite the fact that Hyatt Place is Hyatt's "economy suite" chain, the rooms are spacious, comfortable, and really quite stylish.

I was in town for a family event, and originally booked a king bed. A friend asked to stay with me and I called the Hyatt reservation line, which told me they couldn't change to two beds without changing my rate. They suggested calling the hotel, where a manager thanked me for my patronage and graciously changed my room to two beds without an increase in rate.

My first night there, another family member showed up to the event and needed a place to stay. Our room already had a sofa bed and the hotel -- at 1am -- cheerfully gave us sheets and towels with no extra charge for a third person.

One member of my party had an early flight out -- about 7am on a Sunday. When he asked the front desk about the hotel shuttle, their only question was "what time would you like us to take you to the airport" -- and at no charge.

Every time we walked in, we were cheerfully greeted by helpful staff in a well-appointed Hyatt Place lobby. The choice of snacks and drinks were ample and well-priced, and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was excellent.

I have stayed at Ritzs, Four Seasons, etc. and not been treated as well as this Hyatt Place. Ok -- the internet isn't perfect, as some people have mentioned. But it was fine for checking email and reading the news. And at the very reasonable rates this Hyatt Place charges, in a fantastically convenient location, and with top-notch staff -- I would recommend this Hyatt Place to anyone.

Thank you to the staff for being so accommodating and making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear MarkBinStPete,

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to provide us your comments on TripAdvisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team.

We realize that when selecting a hotel there are many choices and on behalf of the staff here at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport we would like to thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place hotel “real” soon!

Warmest regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room had a full mini kitchen with pots/pans, utensils, servicewear etc... everything you need for a long stay. The pool area was lovely with a built in grill. When we arrived we saw a group grilling and sitting pool side playing board games. The breakfast in the morning was better than any other "breakfast included" hotel stay I have had. It included many hot items like scrambled eggs, bacon, bisquits and gravy and much more! I grabbed a paper and an apple on my way out the door. They also have a little mini grocery on site for snacks, toiletries and frozen microwave food for your room. Our stay was only two nights to visit Trinity University (only a few miles away) and we will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear JDPK,

We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and we would like to thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back soon.