Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market
Ranked #54 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I don't think this hotel is that old. We were first really put off by the fact that the pool was unusually dirty. We checked in on a Sat. evening and there were clumps of hair in the pool, newspaper in the pool and it was green. We inquired whether or not it had been cleaned and we were informed that it was cleaned every two days! In the summer in SA that is not acceptable. The hospitality could have been a little better as well. When we asked for something for our daughter to be brought up to the room they asked us to come down and get it! I was shocked and it was not good service. There were also cigarette butts all over the ground outside all of the doors. Gross!! We won't be back.

Room Tip: We asked for a top floor room in the corner since we had a toddler. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I checked into the hotel on Sunday, July 22nd after spending most of the day at the San Antonio Zoo. Boys were excited to cool off and swim at the hotel pool. We checked in and boys darted for pool to "check it out". There was a sign posted stating that the pool was "temporarily closed" and "apologies for the inconvenience". I went to the front desk and informed the front desk that this was unacceptable because half of our trip involved unlimited swimming at the hotel. (Plus, what were we going to do with 3 boys and 5 cousins after a long morning at the zoo??) The manager was very apologetic, explained that the pump had gone out and was going to be fixed by Monday. She also gave us several options, including the ability to go to Gold's Gym across the street to swim (the cost is discounted to hotel guests at $10.95 per person. What tha he....??) This was not an option since our family consists of 5 people.....cost would have been over $50! to swim! Ummm, nooo.
Finally, she informed me that she could give us a $20.00 credit per night for our stay. I told her that this would be acceptable, however, my extended family had also rented several rooms (THREE) and those rooms would need to be credited as well. The hotel manager agreed and posted the credit to our account! Pool had issues (chemical overload) again on Tuesday morning but it was resolved by Tues. night. Boys were FINALLY able to swim and we saved $ for 3 nights stay.
Rooms were large. Carpet in room needed to be replaced. It was stained and smelled musty. The hotel staff made up for the inconveniences and the continental bfast was GREAT!
We will definitely stay at this hotel again. Hopefully carpet will be replaced soon and pool issues are resolved consistently.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Staying here for week on business. Friendly staff, killer location. Close to quarry market shopping center which has an abundance of food, shopping, movie theater and gym.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed in the Hyatt Place hotel in San Antonio near the airport on June 19 and June 26, and I was very satisfied with my room and the customer service I received from the Hyatt Place employees on both stays at this hotel.

I was greeted with a smile from a Hyatt Place employee named Pearl, and she checked me into my room. She was very professional and quickly made me feel that I had made the right decision to stay at this particular Hyatt Place hotel. After handing me my room access card, she asked if I would like a quick tour of the first floor amenities. She walked me through the various lounge areas and the breakfast area. This was the only hotel that even suggested such a brief tour of the hotel layout. She made me feel like I was "at home".

The breakfast area layout is very nice. The decor is very elegant and the food offerings are not your typical "free" breakfast items. At this hotel, there were actually a lot of healthy items to choice from and the food was presented nicely and tasted good. The employees constantly made sure that the food selections were fully stocked and that the breakfast area was kept cleaned during the entire serving time. Along with cereal and bagels, fully cooked oatmeal
was provide in a stainless steel container with a lid to keep it hot. I was able to use a ladle to fill my bowl with hot oatmeal. The oatmeal was good and cooked just the way my Mom would cook it when I was a kid. They also had strawberry yogurt, cottage cheese, and fresh peeled fruit (grapefruit, oranges, grapes, honey-dew melon). The also had a "freezer tray" that they placed the juice and milk glass pitchers. The apple and orange juice were cold and tasted very fresh.

The first night I stayed on the sixth floor, and on the fifth floor on my second visit. I would suggest staying on the side that does not face Highway 281. It was not noisy but I felt like the opposite side of the hotel provided less "highway noise". My only complaint is that the parking lot is full of pot holes and the poor lighting. Not a complaint but an observation: the photo of the pool on the web site made the pool appear much larger than it really is.

Overall: I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms I stayed in were very clean and the room had a "modern" look and fell. I enjoyed the huge counter space in the bathroom sink area, and how the bed appeared separate from the "living room and office" area. The 42 inch flat screen T.V. was nice too. Very comfortable and very clean. I will definitely stay in a Hyatt Place on my next vacation trip. The Hyatt Place employee named Pearl is a real "gem".

Room Tip: I would suggest staying on the side that does not face Highway 281. It was not noisy but I felt lik...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Ive stayed a this hotel several times in 2012. This Hyatt Place is an old Amerisuites. I'm not sure when they uggraded the hotel but it's been a while at this point. The lobby is nice and the staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms are pleasant at first look, but after staying a night you'll get that feeling that something's not right.

The carpet and couches are worn and faded, the shower/bath tubs are in various states of repair, the tv only gets about 20 channels including the Japanese network, the wifi is very slow and cuts out often. The lights in the rear parking lot are never working and it can feel a unsafe back there at night (hotel backs up to a dark noeghborhood). Worst of all the rooms have a HUMID feel to them, like something flooded and they've attempted to cover it up.

The Hyatt Place does have decent food and the location can't be beat: right next the Alamo Quarry Market where you'll find tons of shopping and restaraunts; positioned ideally at loop 410 and US 281. Also the staff is always professional and friendly. I still stay here from time to time, but it's my second or third choice.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights while house hunting. The staff is very friendly and professional. This was my first stay at a Hyatt and I stayed in a King room which was a really good size; I liked that they have a seating area. The room was impeccably clean (kudos housekeeping)! My only gripes would be that the AC unit was pretty loud and that the water temperature in the shower was difficult to control jumping from freezing cold to scalding hot without my even moving the knob. Other than that it was an awesome stay, quiet room, very comfortable. Also, I got a deal by checking in on their website, 20% off; not a bad deal....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Pretty standard Hyatt Place with a good staff and they do have the remodeled bathrooms which is great. Good location. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business