Comfort Suites Airport North
$180
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$189
$53
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$289
JW Marriott
$239
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$239
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were in San Antonio for a national dive meet. Wanted something not too far from the pool but near attractions too. It is a suite only in the sense of having a bit more room than average. There were 2 queen beds (very comfortable, I might add). There was also a desk, a sofa, and a chair. The setup was perfect for 2 of us. It would have been tight for a week with our family of 5 (3 teens).

It was worn around the edges, but it was clean and comfortable. Other hotel rooms in the area were $50 a night more. Over 5 nights, that's a substantial sum. I'm ok with saving a little money and not caring if the carpet has a snag and the sink is cracked. We appreciated the little store with ice cream, frozen meals, and snacks. We liked having the microwave and fridge. Breakfast was typical. However, I have to rave that the eggs were amazing. I normally wouldn't eat them in this kind of setup, but I needed some quick protien. Hat's off to the chef!

Finally, I personally found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. I overheard them helping a guest find a hair dresser and they helped us find a doctor. Also, we arrived 3 hours before checkin, but had a meet in the afternoon. Front desk quickly found us a room so my diver could get some rest before the event. It's a very inexpensive alternative. If you want better than home, it costs more.

Room Tip: Book the 3rd floor for quite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank R0cky3
Charlotte Y, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

R0cky3

Thank you for your review!
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I arrived on a Friday night and saw that the hotel was definitely older and needed some work. Whatever, I thought, I'm only here to sleep and shower. The rooms were in ok condition, but the real issue here was the staff and the lack of desire to keep the stay comfortable for guests. I worked and traveled all day and wanted to get in and get some rest before meeting with friends and family later that evening. It didn't happen. I contacted the front desk THREE times before 8 PM for the following reasons:

* Kids literally holding sprint races in the hallway
* Adults cheering them on and screaming in the hall
* Loud music and singing in the halls and in the rooms.

After coming back in for the night (around 1:30 AM), the partying continued. I called the front desk and the night clerk seemed so irritated that there wasn't anything being done / could be done. The noise continued until about 8 am and promptly started up again around noon when the kids woke up.

As I left for the afternoon on Saturday, I mentioned the noise to the clerk. He looked so upset about it and sharply said "I know about it already." My next question was "Well, why isn't anything being done?" No answer. When I finally came back late at night (after 2 a.m.) the hotel was quiet and there were chaperons in the hallways, ensuring that things were kept quiet. That only worked for so long, since I heard yelling and doors slamming around 4 a.m.

I'll never stay here again. Never have I been to a hotel where management cared less for guests, let alone Elite Platinum members. I never did receive a follow up about my complaints, and as is customary, I didn't receive a survey for this stay.

Room Tip: If you're ok with some noise and less-than-thrilled employees, call ahead and find out if there are any large groups staying, and don't stay on the 1st floor, it's like being in a wind tunnel and all the noise from the lobby and eating area funnels right down it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Adrian S.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in July.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Enjoyed stay. Staff was nice and helpful. Room was nice. Place was comfortable and relaxing. Microwave and refrigerator in room was definitely a plus. Hotel is in good location, being near Ihop, Target, and Luby's, just to name a few. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here for a high school swim meet - two adults and two teenagers. It was clean enough and the beds were comfortable enough but it is very small to be called a suite. The room was essentially an older hotel room that had a small couch, fridge and microwave added. Water pressure from the shower head was weak. My iPad charger didn't fit the outlet on the bedside table. Breakfast was barely average with toasters that barely warmed a bagel in far too much time. But I must add the Texas waffles were good according to my husband and daughter. For the price, it falls short of expectations.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We got in on Delta, well after midnight. The rooms were NOT suites at all-just small dingy motel rooms with a STAINED Bed Cover, and weren't clean at all! I walked in to the "breakfast area" a few minutes late-asking for a toaster (the breakfast wasn't torn completely down yet), and asked for the toaster to toast a piece of bread? The bread was still out, but the toaster had been taken to a little adjoining room, and the woman REFUSED to let me do that!! We didn't get to bed until around 2 AM, and even bought a small microwaveable pizza to eat before bed. After this treatment, I'll never stay at a COmfort SUITES???,again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family