“Great Value for the Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Antonio Airport/Alamo Heights

Residence Inn San Antonio Airport/Alamo Heights
Ranked #128 of 359 Hotels in San Antonio
Denver, Colorado
“Great Value for the Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was one of the best weekend values I have ever experienced. We had a 2 room suite. Front Desk service was excellent, very good breakfast, pool, hot tub, tennis court, basketball. Yes, the planes were noisy and distracting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark O
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport/Alamo Heights, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a review and giving positive feedback. Sharing positive reviews with the staff of the hotel is always a pleasure!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We recently stayed here as we were in town for my daughter's softball tournament. We loved our 2 bedroom suite so much that we decided to stay an extra night. The check-in clerk was fantastic and really good with kids. She let my son pick the floor of our room and my daughter pick whether it faced the parking lot or pool, lol. So, we wound up with a lovely room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool/sport court.

This is one of the best designed Residence Inns that I've seen. All of the amenities are in the middle instead of on the side, so a lot of the rooms overlook the pool/courtyard. It's a very peaceful view.

Breakfast was good and I liked that they had fresh yogurt in cups. The coffee could be a little stronger, but I like my coffee a little stronger than most.

The rooms were clean and well-maintained. The complimentary popcorn in the room was an extra touch. One last thing - this hotel actually has wine and alcohol on the premises available for purchase which we generally have not seen at most Residence Inns. It was great to have that one hand for the adults after a long day at the field.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard/pool area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
East Mids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The clue should have been “Airport”, aircraft noise from early morning was not good. The hotel itself was extremely clean and well-maintained, internally and externally, we had a suite between four of us which was excellent value and provided a good base for tourism. The rooms were a good size but the ice maker in the freezer did not work, the front desk gave us a bag of ice but the ice maker was never repaired.
The staff was without exception friendly and helpful and could not be faulted, the breakfast was OK and the usual standard with a good range but given that the hotel is for longer stays it would have been nice to have a variety instead of scrambled eggs and sausage patties every day.
Overall it was good stay. San Antonio and surroundings was excellent do not miss Fredericksburg, the Alamo and the Mission Trail

Good Base for seeing San Antonio.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place was entirely satisfactory for being an airport Residence Inn. The front desk service, especialy Lindsay, was super nice and efficient. The room was updated and clean, and quiet to boot. I have been to many Residence Inns and this one is near the top, in my opinion. There's also a ton of food options nearby if you can naviate the spaghetti bowl of highways that is that area of San Antonio.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is an updated Residence Inn with the new decor and smart looking lobby. It's in a convenient location and the burger and taco places next door had good food!

The property has a small pool, but it was never crowded during my stay and I could easily find chairs and loungers. However, because the pool is small, when families are there it is very loud no matter where you sit. There is a small sport court and an outdoor BBQ (charcoal) that is inconveniently located in the middle of the "pet relief area" - who made that decision?? They have a free shuttle to and from the airport, but beware - it doesn't run all the time and I found myself needing it and having to grab a cab instead.

The free breakfast is VERY crowded after about 7:30am and many things are not replenished. The scrambled eggs here also tasted very powdery (I eat a lot of hotel breakfasts and this was very noticeable), but I guess you can't complain too much about free. There is also a free light dinner / beer / wine a few nights a week that is also very busy. I believe this hotel does a lot of business with the military personnel so there are many active military and tons of families on the property.

The first room I had smelled badly of mildew and it turned out the refrigerator was leaking water everywhere and the carpet was soaked. They moved my room, but the next day a co-worker had the same odor in her room and they offered to move her to the room I just vacated with the mildew and leaking fridge! My second room also had a musty mildew smell, but it wasn't as pronounced. The windows in my second room did not open and they were often covered with condensation even when the AC was running. Based on co-worker's experience and my own, I think the rooms here have leaks or water issues.

The elevators are pretty slow, but I used the stairs.

The staff was very nice and I really liked getting the recorded message from the GM on my phone when I arrived. They were quick to try and resolve any issues, but overall I think this hotel has had more of a cosmetic makeover and could probably use more meaningful repair.

I wouldn't select this as my first choice when returning to San Antonio, but it was fine and if the rates are good a family could save a lot with the kitchenette, free breakfast and some free dinners.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport/Alamo Heights, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback and apologize for not providing the quality of products and services you expect from Marriott. Please accept my apologies that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and please know that I have addressed your concerns with my staff to ensure they do not happen again.
Our typical summer season ends in August when children return to school. Our pet relief area is located behind the BBQ area and the signs posted by the BBQ have arrows on them directing people to the correct area. Based on your feedback I will look at getting these signs more detailed! I would not like people to think they have to eat in the pet relief area either!
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our family of 3 stayed for 4 nights and met my elderly mother and aunt who had flown in from Canada the day before we arrived. The hotel shuttle picked them up from the airport, let them get settled then dropped them off at a local restaurant and returned to get them when they finished. The next day while they were waiting for us to arrive, the hotel staff again took them to a local mall and brought them back to the hotel when they were finished. They went out of their way to ensure my mom and aunt were taken care of. Their excellent service continued after we arrived with lots of great local information and recommendations. The morning breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The 2 bedroom suite was nicely appointed, clean, and quiet. I highly recommend this hotel; the staff really made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Middle Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday. Rooms were very neat. Bathrooms were a little tight. But over all a good bang for the buck. Breakfast was the basic Continental breakfast but no complimentary dinner like in the Long Island Residence Inn. A little light on the staff throughout the facility and the basic pool and lounge area in the back. Again, a good bang for the buck!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport/Alamo Heights, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay here with us. The hotel offers a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet seven days a week year round along with a social hour Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights which offers complimentary beer, wine and a light snack.
Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport hotel and making us your home away from home.