All reviewswafflesfront deskindoor pool and hot tubmarket squarethe breakfast areathe river walkwould stay againstayed nightsbed was comfortableking suitedowntown areanice staybusiness centerfamily vacationalamoriverwalkmicrowave
Reviewed September 29, 2017

This facility isn't easy to find unless you have a gps, but it's worth the effort. It's in an industrial type area, but has several security cameras. It has apparently been recently updated and looks nice. I was impressed by the cleanliness of what I saw of the facility, and the staff was helpful, polite, and well groomed. I would recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Riaz A, General Manager at Best Western Alamo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

We are happy we were able to make the experience for you enjoyable. I will pass along positive comments to our staff. Thank you for staying with us! :)

Reviewed September 25, 2017

for the price this is excellent value, great staff and the inside is much nicer than it looks when you drive up. Compared to the hotels nearer the tourist areas it's half price. We took Uber to the various places we wanted to visit and it was perfect, much easier than dealing with parking and driving in unfamiliar areas so the location really isn't a problem. The room was very clean, looked like it had been fairly recently renovated with a newer bathroom including fixtures, just the sofa seemed a bit old but we didn't need/use that anyway

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Riaz A, General Manager at Best Western Alamo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

We appreciate your feedback, thank you for staying with us! :)

Reviewed September 24, 2017

We just spent a week at this gem of a hotel and really enjoyed it. First of all, you can't beat the price...$57/night which includes the breakfast. Breakfast consists of Texas shaped waffles, sausage, eggs, toast, yogurt, cereal, etc. Breakfast room is not real big but was no problem while we were there. There is a pool, and an exercise room and although we did not use, they looked well cared for. This is also a small business center which is no more than a computer and printer, which we used with no problem.

Hotel is located .7 miles from Market Square, and less than 1/2 mile from King William Historical District. Both are easily walkable, and some may be a bit concerned about walking in that area, we were not. It's mostly industrial, and we saw nothing alarming but it still pays to be careful. Hotel is also very close to the Via Cultural bus line on nearby Flores avenue which will take you to the Alamo in the downtown area.

Hotel is also located very close to interstate so very easy to get to any point in the city from here. It was super hot when we were there and had the a/c on every night and heard no noises outside our room.

This will be our go to place to stay on future San Antonio trips.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room, away from the doggy day care
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rduinc

We are glad you enjoyed our newly upgraded breakfast. Awesome to hear you took advantage of the trolly that is located on the city block behind our property. We will pass along the feedback to all our of staff. Thank you for staying with us! :)

Reviewed September 23, 2017

As usual I was very impressed with Best Western. From the time my room was booked until check out; everything was wonderful. Best Wedtern is always the first choice for my husband and myself. We get the comfort of a beautiful, clean, comfortable hotel without breaking the bank account!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are happy we were able to make the experience for you enjoyable. I will pass along positive comments to our staff. We appreciate your five star rating, thank you for staying with us! :)

Reviewed September 6, 2017

The hotel was priced right and a great location, near the Alamo and downtown San Antonio. My family stayed 3 nights during Christmas vacation. When we parked there, I noticed the parking lot had several places with crumbled glass. I thought nothing of this. My family and I also noticed, people, who looked aimless wondering thru the parking area, at all times of night. Our 3rd night we parked, around 1 am after an evening on the River Walk. We all felt a strange sensation of being watched. At 2 Am the front desk called, and told us our car had been broken into. Sure enough, the left driver window, had been smashed out, and a few items stolen. We called the police, and the officer, told us, she comes here every 3rd night. There are 3 hotels on South Laredo, and at least one of them, have a car broken into each night. I now realize, at night the hotel staff is afraid to go out. And they hole up in their office. That morning, we spoke to an elderly couple from Oklahoma, that told us their car was broken into and all their Christmas shopping was stolen. That day we took our Honda Pilot to have the glass replace. We discovered from the auto glass company that they replace 3 to 5 windows per day, from cars being broke into. Seems that the criminal culture, has found burglarizing cars is easier and more profitable, than robbing connivance stores. I will never stay in San Antonio again, unless the parking lot is secure. Side note, the pan handlers in San Antonio is so bad, my 21 year old daughter, states she will never go to San Antonio again.

Room Tip: Leave your car empty and unlocked. Or avoid this place, and go to a more secure location.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Riaz A, General Manager at Best Western Alamo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

We sincerely apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us.