“Spring Breaks”

Ranked #91 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Casa de Oro
“Spring Breaks”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Room with two (2) king size beds "Not Queen" - this is awesome for family of four (4) and top it with indoor swimming pool. Very close proximity to Alamo, downtown and River Walk areas. We'll be back next trip to San Antonio, TX.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Riaz A, General Manager at Best Western Alamo Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your time to leave us feedback regarding your stay. Hope you enjoyed San Antonio and all that it has to offer. It was a pleasure having you choose our property. All King bedded hotel is a plus especially with larger families. The indoor pool and hot tub is definitely a plus as well to relax in after a full day of sightseeing. We look forward to your arrival on your next trip back to San Antonio and don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything. Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed April 14, 2014

clean parking lot and clean fresh smell at lobby...front desk attended great hosipiltality service...room fresh clean smell nice and cold ...very clean room ...bed very big and soft...lots of pillow all firm just the way we like them lots of towels and nothing was missing everything was in the room that was needed even vasline lotion great touch. best wetern is the place to stay always for me and my family and friends i always high recommmend best western thank you for always makingour stay just like home

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Riaz A, General Manager at Best Western Alamo Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
It was a pleasure having you at our property and a continued patron of the Best Western brand. We try our very best to make our guest feel like there is a home away from home. Hope you had a great time in San Antonio and look forward to seeing you back soon. Let me know if you need anything.
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Found this hotel thru hotels.com for $67 a night, snatched it up but, at that price, was not sure just what to expect. A very pleasant surprise indeed & a tremendous bargain! Clean, attractive, upscale...rooms were suites with full refrigerator, microwave, counter/sink. A wall divider made for a "living room" with couch, end tables/lamps, coffee table separate from the very comfortable king size bed. The configuration of the bathroom door was a little awkward to deal with but I think the shower had the best shower head I have ever used. The indoor pool was very warm and comfortable, also there was a nice hot tub, everything was totally clean and well cared for. The complimentary breakfast was a continental type+ with hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, waffle station, fruit, and variety of breads, bagels, Danish, etc. And real juice, not the imitation kind. The staff was very kind, professional, and helpful, quick to serve and give tourist info and recommendations. There were a couple of minor things in our room that needed repaired and upon my husband's reporting them, they were fixed immediately. A friend and I chose the hotel together and our husbands were very impressed and commended us on our choice. We stayed 3 nights at Best Western Alamo Suites and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the first floor, not far from the pool area. They were great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank deenafinney
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and visit to San Antonio. It is always a pleasure to get feedback from our guest on how we are doing. I will pass along your comments to my staff, which are always encouraging, and they strive to go above and beyond to make guest feel at home. Please let us know if you need anything and look forward to seeing you back soon.
Houston, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is a great hotel with beautiful rooms and friendly and helpful staff. However, the mattress needed replacing and was so hard I did not get much sleep either night. I usually can adjust to a new bed the 1st night and the 2nd night is much better but that was not the case with this hotel visit. I might consider staying here again if I could not find something else in the price range that I trusted more. I will say we have chosen to stay in only Best Western Hotels for the past 5 years and had wonderful experiences each time. This was the first bad experience with the beds.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Gerald for your honest opinion. I will address these mattress issues with ownership. We greatly appreciate your continued patronage to Best Western and look forward to giving us a second chance upon your arrival back to San Antonio. In the event you need anything feel free to contact me.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel is perfectly located for access to the main part of the city. About a 20 minute walk or 7 minutes by car. Also only a block or so from the trolley. Rooms very roomy and clean. Breakfast was perfect. Good variety. I loved the Texas shaped waffles even though I didn't get to have them for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Greatly appreciate your feedback. The Texas shaped waffles definitely create a "buzz" amongst our guest. Thank you for choosing us and hopefully on your next round to San Antonio you will grace us with your presence again. On behalf of my staff and I, thank you for choosing Best Western Alamo Suites.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel is in a bit of a industrial area but is located within walking distance to the Center of San Antonio and the River walk. The front desk was extremely accommodating and friendly. The room was ok except that we had an ongoing problem with a loose toilet seat which they were not able to fix. Also, the door to the bathroom interferes with the room door and you need to find something to keep it open. Overall though the room was spacious and clean and quiet. The breakfast was the usual but the breakfast area is clearly too small for the number of rooms especially when a tour group is there. We were unable to eat there because of the number of people and had to take our breakfast to our room

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. I will use this information to address them to our staff and remedy the situation for our future guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred. We hope that you will give us a second chance upon your future arrival to San Antonio. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Houston, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed 2 nights, and each night, the front desk always had suggestions on where to eat, directions and anything we might need to make sure we had a great time while we were on vacation. We couldn't figure out where to eat near the River Walk, and with 2 special needs children, it needed to be safe. They suggested another place instead, away from the water, which was more fun for the kids anyways. During check-out, they printed the directions to Sea World, and gave us a snack back full of water and snacks, so we would have it ready and on hand for our kids. Each one of the employees we encountered, had a smile, and were happy to help with any needs. Even the housekeepers would smile as we passed them in the halls. I noticed a supervisor of housekeeping while we were leaving, and he was checking with every one of his employees, making sure they had everything they needed, and had them specify to him which room they were cleaning. It was extremely detailed, and he was very focused on making sure everything was perfect for his guests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Samantha. I hope you and your family had a great time in San Antonio. It was a pleasure having your family stay with us. I will let my staff know about your wonderful comments. Our front desk associates strive to accommodate the guest needs in every aspect so as to provide a home away from home feeling. We hope that you will choose us again on your next visit to San Antonio.