Chose this hotel based on reviews and proximity to The Alamo. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite as our requested handicapped room was not available. We enjoyed 2 nights with our own living room, kitchenette, jacuzi and very comfortable bed. Hotel was clean, quiet and staff very helpful and friendly. Although the immediate area does not appear to be the best--we did not worry about our safety, or our car. Breakfast was good. Vanessa at the front desk told us about using the trolley for trips to downtown and the Alamo---1 short block walk, $1.25 each and we not only had a "free" narrated tour of the area by the trolley driver, but arrived right at our destination without the hassle of parking and walking. There are no close restrurants--it was necessary to use the car for dining and other attractions like the missions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel offers king beds in all rooms whether 1, 2, or even 3! Less than a mile to downtown attractions, shopping, and restaurants. Five blocks to Market Square. One mile to Riverwalk, Alamo, Alamo Dome, Convention Center, LaVillita, Institute of TX Cultures, and Tower of America. Free high-speed Internet access, fitness room, and indoor pool on property. 100 Percent non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Alamo Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Alamo Hotel San Antonio
- Best Western San Antonio
- Comfort Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Comfort Suites