Courtyard San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #123 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We walked everywhere, the Alamo, you name it we walked there. Super nice and clean. Beds very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. WiFi in lobby area is free. In your room almost $20 a day. That's was not going to happen. The room price was more than fair. Johnny was our bell hop was super helpful. Easy to find. I felt very safe. The pool was heated which was a blessing. Temps are a little cool here for swimming. But, with it heated it was perfect.

Room Tip: Bring cash, I never have cash on me. I so wanted to tip more. Johnny was so helpful. I had to cha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Oscar M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We hope you will choose to stay with us again if or when you return to San Antonio.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just returned from a very nice weekend in San Antonio. We stayed here mostly due to tripadvisor and we were happy we did. The staff was great. Nikki at the front desk was very helpful. We arrived very late Friday night and had a room next to the elevator. A little noisy. The next morning Nikki was able to get us an upgrade with our Marriott level to a very quiet suite. She went out of her way to help.
The location was very nice. It was easy to walk to the Riverwalk area and yet we did not have the crowds.
Next time I would rent a car due to the fact that the parking was free and cab fare to the airport was a little higher than we expected. But I would not have taken the car into the Riverwalk area. I would have just used it to see more of San Antonio.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator. Also the elevator is very very slow
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

went for a quick dinner, when I returned the door of my room was open, someone stole my laptop, camera, iphone, etc.. I did the police claim, hotel claim but the hotel said they were not responsible and they couldn't do anything, I didn't receive a reimbursement for the stolen objects, or for the nights I stayed there., they don't have cameras in the exits, nor the hallways, anyone can enter the hotel without a problem, for me this hotel was super unsafe. they have a small safety box in the lobby, but I don't think a laptop can fit there.

Room Tip: Take care of your stuff they steal things here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank elizabeth g
Oscar M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Elizabeth G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please be assured that we take our guests' safety very seriously as it is our top priority. We strive to continually make improvements with the help from the San Antonio Police Department, and we have reported all incidents to the SAPD and to the Marriott Claims department as per Marriott International's policy. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Clean property. Renovation completed 2013. Staff friendly, service oriented. Convent to market square, historic San Antonio, River Walk and Alamo. Reasonably priced especially compared to other hotels in area. Suites are nice size. Bistro cafe nice selection and quality food.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to be near the river walk and downtown, close to the Alamo Dome for a volleyball event, but didn't want the hassles of the crowds and the parking! Courtyard Marriott solved all these problems!!

Beautiful lobby, very classy and modern. Front desk was friendly and checking was quick! The room was the same! Very quiet hotel, with all the amenities!

And parking is FREE! Love that the hotel had several secure entries from all sections of parking so I could park close and walk right in with my access card. I'm traveling alone and didn't have to walk from a 'back lot' - parked right by a door each time!

Definitely will return and book here!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here during our trip in December 2013.

Pros:
-Good location to Riverwalk and Market Square.
-Free Wifi.
-Very comfortable King size bed.
-Little deli in lobby was ok and they had free coffee (unless you wanted Starbucks brewed).
-Alcohol bar was available at the deli location.

Cons:
-Uncomfortable sofa sleeper. Mattress was disgusting and dirty but with clean sheets.
-No programmable safe available in room. They did have a safe available in the hotel main desk in the lobby.

Did not use pool area since it was winter time so I can't comment on that or the fitness center.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Me, my husband and 2 year old son had a King bed room with fold out couch as a sleeper. Plenty of room for the three of us. The room was super nice, clean, every day the maid came and cleaned our room and replaced any towels. Never heard any noise from neighbors (but I think that had to do with it being christmas and not many people stayed here). Location was close to everything. We never got a chance to take the trolley to the alamo/river walk area but the drive was not bad at all. 1-2 Minutes tops. The staff was very friendly (even asked for an extra blanket for the toddler and it was in our room before we even got back to it). Beautiful lobby/seating area. Husband used the work out room every morning. Love, love, loved it. Stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Samantha C, Property Coordinator at Courtyard San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for staying at the San Antonio Courtyard Downtown Market Square. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you on your next visit to the San Antonio area.

Samantha Cooley