“Would definitely stay here again - no parking fee for guests!!”

Courtyard San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #117 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Saginaw, Michigan
“Would definitely stay here again - no parking fee for guests!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed here with extended family - 4 rooms in all. We made reservations a couple weeks before our visit and our check-in / check-out was quick and easy. We did not eat at the hotel as we chose to visit nearby restaurants. The rooms was spacious and quiet. We LOVED the pool. It's a great size and the kids (ages 1-17) enjoyed it immensely. The hot tub is also very nice. While we stayed here we visited the Mexican Market area, the Alamo and the River Walk. There is a convenient trolley stop just outside the hotel that we used for transportation all three days. Best of all, this hotel does not charge parking fee for overnight guests. Great value considering the parking cost charged by most other hotels in the area. Parking lot was well lit and we had no problems at all with the safety/security of our vehicles.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Eileen C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2011

On my recent cross-country move, I spent two nights at the Courtyard Market Square for a little vacation on the way. The Courtyard fit the bill for a clean, comfortable, convenient, stylish and reasonably priced place to relax. The hotel was done in the new Courtyard design with lots of TV's, seating ares, and a market "bistro" in the lobby. The food was good, but rather pricey and I still missed the old Courtyard breakfast buffet. The room was clean, comfortable, and modern (however, I did had to change rooms after check in since my first room had a strong mildew odor). The service was great, some members of the staff seemed genuinely interested in my well being, and the location was very convenient to the downtown bus loop route (a short ride, but long walk to the Riverwalk). Plus, since I had my bike with me, I discovered the downtown and Riverwalk area was a great place to ride (especially on the weekend) and the hotel was a great starting point. San Antonio is a don't miss town and this is a good choice to stay while in town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was in easy walking distance of Market Square and the River Walk. The room was spacious and clean and we enjoyed having a fridge and balcony as well. The staff was exceptionally friendly and professional. When we were at the pool, the towels were emptied out, but within minutes a staff member came out with towels and walked around to hand them out to all all the guests at the pool. Everything was very clean, orderly and well maintained.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard. Very pretty.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue55144
Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here while attending the Texas Folklife Festival in San Antonio. This hotel was an outstanding bargain, considering its location. You are close to the Mercado and the downtown riverwalk area, and the price was extremely reasonable. $89 compared to over $200 for most other downtown hotels makes this a great bargain. The hotel was clean and comfortable with a friendly staff, measuring up to the usual Marriott Courtyard standards. I highly recomment this hotel to visitors to San Antonio.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ville Platte, Louisiana
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed for four days while visiting seaworld. If I ever return to San Antonio,I will surely stay at this hotel again. Great price, value, and location. 15 - 20 minutes from Seaworld.

• Stayed June 2011
Norwood, PA
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The location was great for us a it was near Riverwalk, Market Square, accessible public transit and main roads to places we wanted to visit. The check-in and check out process was quick and efficient. Staff at front desk, the Cafe and housekeeping did a first rate job for us the whole time we were there. For our purposes, everything was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My sink and my colleagues sink did not have hot water. Had to stoop over the bath tub to get hot water to wash hands. Had to clean the bath tub before taking a shower. It had nasty (yes nasty) hairs all over it. The "clean" towels had hair folded in them. The rugs were dirty. I had to keep socks by my bed so my feet were not dirty when climbing in bed. Went to the "market place" for a bottle of water, the workers were talking to each other and did not acknoledge I was there. When I asked to buy a bottle of water, the made feel as thow I was interupting them. The room smells of a musty odor combined with fabreeze. Court Yard furnature covered in Bird poop, could not sit down. Could not get in pool....bird poop floating....Never -Never again. I though I could trust a Marriott property. I was wrong.

Room Tip: Not the place to stay- DIRTY
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business