Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #110 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Clean, quiet, very friendly staff! I just can't say enough about the helpfulness of the front desk staff. One young lady (long, black hair, dark-rimmed glasses) in particular was so very nice. Wish I had gotten her name. Would recommend her for a raise!!!!! Was close to Market Square (which I loved). Downtown/Rivercenter/Riverwalk was only a short trolley ride away! Enjoyed our stay in San Antonio very much.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 7,863
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Perfect if just looking for place to sleep. $25 cab ride from airport and short walk to Alamo and surrounding sights. Breakfast finishes early on weekdays-9:30. Rooms are plain not much amenities.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emontalvogc
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Stayed here for business. Liked the location, near downtown. Housekeeping issues and have to go next door for workout facilities. Last full day there, two laptops and a pda were missing from the room upon our return. Hotel management was not very concerned. Treated it as a polic matter. Three weeks later still no communication from the hotel or Marriott about recovery or replacement of my items. Marriott refuses to respond and forwards to the hotel manager. After a week, he offered to refund 1/2 of my stay. Too little too late. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Dianna B
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We stayed with our twin 2-year-old in a King suite. The girls stayed on the hide-a-bed couch, and couldn't have been happier! The rooms were clean, the staff was extremely friendly, and the complimentary breakfast included hot waffles... delicious! The pool was clean, warm, and very fun. All in all, a great weekend!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We booked this hotel through Sea World vacations and it was a huge mistake! Normally you expect a quality stay with a Marriott hotel brand, but this was worse than staying at a motel!

We were booked in a first floor room that had a cricket infestation problem. As a matter of fact the entire first floor hallway is infested with crickets! The management is well aware of this situation, yet continues to book guests into rooms infested with multiple crickets. We found a total of SEVEN!

Eventually we were moved to the third floor, but I would never stay at this hotel again or even recommend it to friends, family or strangers.

It would have been a very nice stay if it weren't for the cricket nightmare.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rgamarra28
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Once checking in I was given my room asignment, when I went to lay my jacket on the bed. There was a cricket on there. I went back to front desk and requested another room. They were able to accomodate. The next morning I was in the bathroom and there again, another cricket. I refuse to stay in a place that has bugs in the room. I checked out and was told that they were everywhere and they were sorry.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Gypsy916
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for my husband's graduation from Air Force Basic Training. I absolutely loved this hotel. It was right off the highway and easy to get to. On top of that, it was really close to Riverwalk and The Alamo.
The staff here was so incredibly nice!! I was blown away by how genuinely helpful every employee at this hotel was, from the management all the way to housekeeping. They really went out of their way to provide great customer service. The room we stayed in was nice and clean with really comfortable beds. The free breakfast was delicious and they had Texas-shaped waffles!
There is nothing that I didn't like about this hotel. I will definitely stay there if I have to go back to San Antonio and I've already recommended it to other people!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends