“most amazing staff ever”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #111 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for my husband's graduation from Air Force Basic Training. I absolutely loved this hotel. It was right off the highway and easy to get to. On top of that, it was really close to Riverwalk and The Alamo.
The staff here was so incredibly nice!! I was blown away by how genuinely helpful every employee at this hotel was, from the management all the way to housekeeping. They really went out of their way to provide great customer service. The room we stayed in was nice and clean with really comfortable beds. The free breakfast was delicious and they had Texas-shaped waffles!
There is nothing that I didn't like about this hotel. I will definitely stay there if I have to go back to San Antonio and I've already recommended it to other people!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 16, 2010

This was within walking distance to both market Square and the Riverwalk area. Staff was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast had something for everyone, and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, comfortable and well-kept. A bus line and downtown trolley were within a half block, making it very convenient. We are likely to return to San Antonio and will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2010

The hotel is very much on the budget side of hotels but the price I paid was not. With choices like the Holiday Inn Express across the street this hotel seems outdated. My room was small with warn carpet. The furniture and bathroom haven't been updated for a while. Its long overdue for an update. The bedding was nice and clean and the bed is comfortable. Although parking is free the hotel is not close to the Alamo and parking is expensive there. The breakfast is typical but a nice touch. My biggest complaint about this hotel is the noise in the halls especially early in the morning. You will hear every door slam, so if your a light sleeper I recommend another hotel other wise if you get a good price its ok. I can't imagine why people rated this hotel excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We arrived on Thanksgiving afternoon and were cheerfully greeted by the young man (Justin) at the front desk who to our pleasant suprise told us we had a room upgrade. During our 4 day stay he went above and beyond to make our stay even more enjoyable. The other staff we encountered was equally friendly and helpful- housekeeping, the young ladies at the front desk, and the lady who makes the waffles. Our king suite was spacious enough for two adults and a 3-year old and was cleaned to perfection by housekeeping. We appreciated the refrigerator and microwave to store and heat up our leftovers. The location is not on the riverwalk, but is within walking distance to Market Square. There is also a streetcar stop nearby for an easy trip to the riverwalk. Parking is free. Our only complaint was that the indoor pool was not warm enough. Great service, great location, great price.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I booked this hotel thru the Seaworld vacation package plan. It was the cheaper out of most of the hotels. I was a little leary, but decided on giving them a try. I am glad I did because it was a great hotel for the money! The hotel was clean, the room was clean, the hotel staff was very friendly, and their breakfast buffet was great too! The hotel was centrally located and a short bus ride to downtown, maybe 3 blocks only for $1.10 bus fare! We didn't have to worry about drivng downtown and paying for parking! It was also easy to leave the hotel and go to Sea World and any other place we wanted to visit during our stay also. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we go back to San Antonio!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Pros: Hotel was very nice. Free parking. Clean rooms, plenty of space, Pool. Breakfast was included and very good- waffles made to order, boiled eggs, muffins, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, microwavable breakfast sandwiches. 1 block from trolly/bus stop.
Cons: Breakfast area was always very crowded- often too crowded to sit. This hotel is not on riverwalk- it's about 5 or 6 blocks to Riverwalk and Alamo. 2 blocks to market square.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Pros: Great hotel. Clean room, comfortable bed, and very friendly service. Receptionist calls your room about 15 min after you check in to make sure everything is up to par. Had a pretty good continental breakfast too.

Cons: Pool is indoors and small. Fitness room is small and not very well equipped. Also, there isn't any cafe or gift shop to purchase anything. Location isn't great but isn't bad. Walking distance to downtown. There is a shuttle that runs to the Riverwalk that costs a dollar $1.25 per person.

Overall: I highly recommend this hotel. Very comfortable, clean room with a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple