I Booked the Fairfield thru Hotels.com for a surprise anniversary gift for my wife along with a George Strait concert about 3months in advance. Upon, arrival at 3 pm our rooms were not ready. We waited 1hr 45 minutes others were also waiting. After 1hr of waiting the first three people complained & they got their rooms for free as I complained the lady seemed not care. I later found out because I had paid in advance she said there was nothing she could do. So in other words I was preblank because I prepaid. After standing @ the front desk 1hr 40minutes I told the front desk what they can do for me that it was our anniversary and we are now running late. She offered a double bed room and then asked her if she would like to stay in a double bed room on her anniversary she just laughed and said that what she can give us. So we took the room no choice now running late to the show. We got to the room towels were dirty; one bed smelled like vomit, bathroom was dirty, and fridge had someone’s soda in it. We had no time to complain just rushed off to the concert. When we returned a guy at the front desk said there would be a paper in our room apologizing for the inconvenience. We got to our room paper offered $30 off room, 3000 points or a free movie. When we went to go check out I informed the lady I did not want any of these things she said she couldn’t offer them anyway because we prepaid. She said that they would contact us by phone and email me a coupon or a voucher for a free night at any Fairfield or Marriott related hotel for what we originally paid for to use when we liked. That was June 2, 2013 and I am still waiting for that. Our stay was only one night, but it felt longer because of all the issues we encountered. I do not think we will ever stay here again. This hotel gave us too much to worry about. This was the worst hotel stay we've ever experienced in San Antonio. I tried calling and requested to speak to the manager, I was told that he was busy and that they could always have the manager call me back. We still have not heard from the "manager". I was very disappointed with the service we received during our stay, however it feels like since we checked out they have not been willing to help us at all and do not seem to care if their customers ever do come back. We should have spent the night in my car. There is nothing fair about Fairfield Inn. Just a bunch of empty promises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown is located off I-10/35, making Sea World, Six Flags, the Alamo, and the metropolitan area easily accessible. Just a short walk from Market Square and the Alamo, our downtown hotel features a redesigned lobby equipped with free WiFi and 24-hour Market. Start your day off right with a free breakfast buffet each morning then take a dip in our indoor pool. Each guest room features Marriott signature bedding, ergonomic workspace, free WiFi and flat-screen TV with free HBO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square Hotel San Antonio
- Fairfield Inn Market Square
- Fairfield San Antonio
- San Antonio Fairfield Inn