Normally I am down with Fairfield Inn's by Marriott. They're clean, serviceable, and have a warm breakfast everyday. This one however was a BIG diappointment. Check in was easy and the staff was really nice. From there though it was down hill. The parking at this place is TERRIBLE. We were there during the city's lame answer to Mardi Gras, "Fiesta", which had locals and others parking at our hotel without paying or staying. This property claims to limit the number of riff raff parking at the hotel, not so, otherwise the lot would look empty like the Courtyard by Marriott next door. The staff at that hotel had security guarding the lot so only guests were allowed. The Fairfield Inn, not so much. My business has lots of heavy equipment that I must haul to my room after work every night and this was a collassal pain. This also was troublesome because the elevator is REALLY, REALLY slow. For a property with only four floors this machine should operate a little more efficiently. The maid service here is average at best because it seemed I had to ask for more soap and towels on a daily basis. One other thing is the internet service here is extremely slow and doesn't work a lot of the time making a business stay nearly impossible to pull off, unless you use the computer in the lobby, which of course is always being used. One other thing about the lobby is when you exit there are usually smokers right outside the door and its so great to get a big whiff of their cancer sticks when you enter and leave the hotel. This place is close to the highway and Riverwalk, but if the costs are the same stay next door at the Courtyard because you'll have an easier time parking and the internet service is much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown is located off I-10/35, making Sea World, Six Flags, the Alamo, and the metropolitan area easily accessible. Just a short walk from Market Square and the Alamo, our downtown hotel features a redesigned lobby equipped with free WiFi and 24-hour Market. Start your day off right with a free breakfast buffet each morning then take a dip in our indoor pool. Each guest room features Marriott signature bedding, ergonomic workspace, free WiFi and flat-screen TV with free HBO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square Hotel San Antonio
- Fairfield Inn Market Square
- Fairfield San Antonio
- San Antonio Fairfield Inn