Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk
$169
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$134
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$116
ComfortSuites
$212
$186
$269
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$208
$169
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe riveraveda productstobin centerfront deskkeurig coffee makerwater taxi stopminute walkwood floorsnice hotelwould stay here againsan antonio riverwalkroom was largestreet levelrestaurants and shopsthe pearldowntown areabalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is not in the main downtown area, take a Riverwalk taxi. There is a convenient pick up spot at the hotel. Or it is really a beautiful walk to downtown, could take 45 minutes.

The parking was nice, right across the street and very close to the hotel.

The room was clean and comfortable, comfy bed and pillows. The room was large, there were 2 vanity areas. Loved the mini Krueg coffee maker in the mornings. Also like the bright colors in the hotel.

The staff was very helpful and professional.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TammarieSmith
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's not right in the main downtown section but not too far away at all. The river taxi has a pickup/drop off right at the back of the hotel which is perfect. The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. The room was clean and provided everything that we needed during our weekend trip. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently was taking my family to San Antonio. Anyone familiar with San Antonio knows that a "bucket list" item is the Riverwalk. I wanted to stay on the riverwalk but didn't want to spend the $150-$300 a night. So, I was psyched when I found the Hotel Indigo at $90 a night(with parking included). Now granted this was January, so this must be off-season pricing.

Initial impressions:
upon arrival, I was not wowed by the location or the front door aesthetics, but it was clean, neat, and maintained. Parking was very convenient as it was in a parking lot just across the street. When we got into the room (double queen, non-suite), I was impressed by the size and spacious feel of the room. The view was not much to speak of as our room was not one that over looked the river.

I quickly realized I had chosen the right hotel for a family.

Beds were very comfy, amenities were satisfactory. I found it odd that the room had a fridge, but no microwave. My experience is that you usually have a room with both or none.

On balance, I was very happy with my stay and would stay again. I would recommend for families or folks attending a conference. I am a seasoned business traveler too and I don't think this would be my first choice.

The only downside is the location. While it technically is on the Riverwalk, it's quite a walk from the hub of activity. This hub is also referred to as the "horseshoe" (close to the River Center Mall). If you want to get to the Alamo or the horseshoe you can either walk about 1/2 mile through the city (don't do this at night) or walk about 3/4 miles via the riverwalk. Of course, there are cabs and the "water taxi" too.

It's worth mentioning that if you do have a car, all the usual fast-food joints are about a 5 min drive away. As well as a Walgreens. (this is good intel to have when traveling with a family).

Room Tip: My room was street side and there was no great view to speak of except that - the street. However, I don't think when I stay again, I would pay a premium to have a riverwalk view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank oneconnexions
RWIndigo, Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your review on our Hotel! We are pleased to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy yourselves throughout your stay here. We certainly are happy to hear that you were able to experience all that the hotel and Riverwalk have to offer. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next family trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in January 2014. It was excellent. It was easy to park and unload our things, check in and park again. Parking is right across the street. This hotel is very pretty with lots of color. The rooms are huge and very attractive. There is a large bathroom with two sinks. No tub. Service is excellent also.

The gym is basically treadmills and one other machine. Small. It was perfect for me, but my husband likes a full gym.

I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean and we had a nice view of the riverwalk. The hotel is located just far enough so you don't hear all the street noise. The riverwalk boat pick you up and drop you off right at the hotel. The showers are nice and the ceiling is tall. The remote to the tv needed a new battery, other than that, it was a pleasant experience and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Riverwalk, especially if you go during the Christmas holiday. You will get a great view of the Christmas lights.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! Its so good to hear that you were able to utilize most of what the hotel has to offer. The river taxi ride into town is definitely a wonderful way to enjoy the beauty of the San Antonio Riverwalk. It's nice to see the contrast between the more serene area of the Riverwalk to the busier area. Thank you so much for staying with us and we certainly hope to see you again in the future.